MTBS-TV: Interview With Leonar3do at CES 2013

Respond to the movers and shakers by making THEM move and shake!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

MTBS-TV: Interview With Leonar3do at CES 2013

Post by Neil »

[youtube-hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJUZAWXVKok[/youtube-hd]

This is why MTBS stands for Meant to be Seen.  Leonar3do specializes in virtual reality interface tools and software, and the first part of this interview was shot in a way that as the demonstration is happening, you are able to see the actual 3D effects in true stereoscopic form (provided you are watching in 3D of course!).

The demo is followed by a 3D interview with Gabor Gleisz, Leonar3do's CEO.  Exciting stuff!  Could this be a qualified interface for upcoming HMDs like the Oculus Rift?  Perhaps!

Read full article...
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Re: MTBS-TV: Interview With Leonar3do at CES 2013

Post by android78 »

That's pretty cool, but I don't know that it's going to be a hit with consumers at the price of $2150 http://3mension.com.au/product/leo-box/ for the basic kit.
Great tech and would be good for professionals, but probably not so much for people like me who only really dabble in 3D modeling.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

In the video I heard about a $500 entry point, much more accessible but still out of reach for amateurs. I very much like their headtracking system on the glasses Johnny Lee style and their tracked stylus, I wonder how this does work.

I guess something similar could be done with the sculpt features of Blender and a tracked PS Move, another implementation idea to study for sure.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Fredz wrote:In the video I heard about a $500 entry point, much more accessible but still out of reach for amateurs. I very much like their headtracking system on the glasses Johnny Lee style and their tracked stylus, I wonder how this does work.

I guess something similar could be done with the sculpt features of Blender and a tracked PS Move, another implementation idea to study for sure.
If you look at some of the videos on the site where I got the price, you can see what appear to be IR LEDs flickering on the glasses. It looks like two, one in the middle and one on the users left side. I'm guessing they work (and the rest of the system) almost exactly like the Johnny Lee project, but with 3 cameras instead of one, giving higher resolution and more reliable tracking.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Thanks for the explanation, nothing new under the sun then, except a very nice and seemingly solid implementation. I somehow hoped they did use magnetic tracking...

Return to “MTBS Interview User Remarks”