Atari Jaguar VR Proto demoed (video)

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
c0nn0r
One Eyed Hopeful

Atari Jaguar VR Proto demoed (video)

Post by c0nn0r »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NCQJrd-4rk[/youtube]

The headset itself looks decent, and I suppose the graphics are ok, considering the hardware and date this was developed. On par or better than the VR pods from the early 90's.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Atari Jaguar VR Proto demoed (video)

Post by cybereality »

Thanks for posting this.

I always thought the JaguarVR was vaporware, but I guess they did actually have a working prototype. Maybe it would have been OK for the time if they did release it. Sometimes you have to wonder if Atari and SEGA went through with their plans for VR if the market would have developed differently. Who knows?
MarshawnMan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MarshawnMan »

hey this is great... wow!
Nobody can officially see me in NBA 2k13!! Martian Goggles on deck!!
shent1080
Cross Eyed!

Post by shent1080 »

man i feel old, i remember the adverts for this, i wanted one badly bet its worth a fortune now.
Aeroflux
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Aeroflux »

I still have the gamepro article (October 1993) on the preview of the Jaguar console...which coincidentally also had a Victormaxx Stuntmaster VR helmet advertisement on the back...if only VR had a more organized backing in the industry back then...but that goes for a lot of technological advances. Politics, Negative Reciprocity, and Social Norms can play a negative element to the evolution of tech...in addition, VR earned it's discredit over the years. Expensive headsets with poor performance that barely had a shred of compatibility with software. It's starting to turn around...but man has it been a long road.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”