Iz3d - colorcode mode ?

artox
Cross Eyed!

Iz3d - colorcode mode ?

Post by artox »

Has anyone tried the colorcode /anaglyph/ mode - amber/cyan ?
I lack the needed glasses to test it, but I'm thinking of ordering, so could please someone post results on - color correctness and ghosting side- effects please !
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Works great!
The only real issue I've found is when playing games like COD4, if you use nught mode you will only see the right eye since it is using a filter so any green is right eye only. There are sometimes issues with shadows and, if playing FPS, the gun is often rendered the size of a car. :? But these points aren't unique to anaglyph, but the S3D in general and it appears will be the same for any method used (HMD, iZ3D, Planar, etc)
There's slight ghosting if you have very bright areas on screen, but this is more from my poor quality glasses (they came with my Shrek 3D movie). Other then that, I wouldn't suggest using them for more then about half an hour in the first sitting... I got a little carried away playing BF2142 for about 2 hours and made myself feel really sick... After using them a bit though, now I can use them for a long time without issues.
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

thanks, I guess I'll order them. Right now I'm using blue/red glasses (not cyan), which are a real pain in the as* unless I use the optimized mode, because red appears electric all the time and is really annoying. I as asking about colorcodes, because I saw an opinion here, which didn't encourage me at all.
http://stereocg.com/cg/tutorials/viewing/
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

You know, after playing in anaglyph for about a half hour then my eyes will adjust the colors automatically. No need for software!

Its weird because when I take the glasses off its like looking through yellow-green filters. :shock:
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

wow, cool :)
Usually when I take the glasses off after having played for longer periods it takes a couple of minutes for me to lose these filters too, meaning I do see all the surrounding furniture and stuff in red or blue if I close one eye, but the effect is neither strong enough, nor does it last too long, so I can't see stereo without the glasses.
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

I have colorecode glasses and with yellow/blu anaglyph they provide better colors than red/cyan but those filters are way too dark (expecially blu).
I must say that i discovered that those particular colored filters (dark orange/very dark blu) are not nedded at all to see a good colored yellow/blu anaglyph!!!
I got suspicious and went and bought a yellow trasparent plastic foil....well i put that foil on the left eye and the right filter of colorcode glasses over the right eye
and the colors of the image were even BETTER that colorcode and i was also seeing a way brighter image!!
Considering that the colorcode blu filter is so dark that is used very little for colors reproduction but only for depth perception you can bet that a standard bright blu filter (just like
the red filter of red/cyan glasses) would do a much better work. I am thinking that colorcode is a fraud but unfortunatelly nobody sells standard yellow/blu glasses.
Plus the blu transparent folis are not real blu but sort of dark cyan because i tried them and they filter only red and let pass all blu and green! I am trying to build my own filters
using transparent colors for glass but i have not succeded yet...
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Just got my colorcode glasses and decided to share a few thoughts. In general the glasses suck badly. Ghosting is terrible and the picture is blueish. Yes, in general you can see a wider range of colors, except for the little detail that you can't really see clearly at all because of the dark right eye. You have to boost brightness in order to get a better look, but doing that leads to a washed out picture. If you intend on using greater levels of separation you can forget about it, the ghosting is so bad, that you generally cannot get a whole 3d image, instead you see two images. The blue as dark as it is leaks yellow badly and to even have a chance of getting a normal picture you have to combine the blue filters from two pairs of glasses.
So winch8, your idea of a regular blue filter goes right out the window, I tried using the blue filter from a red-blue anaglyph pair I have - nothing gets filtered in the right eye and you can't get stereo effect.
My suggestion to anyone who hasn't got a pair of colorcodes is - stay away from them, use blue-red anaglyphs with the iz3d optimized mode. You will miss the red color, but you'll see the benefits of almost missing ghosting right away. I do hope the guys from Iz3d make some kind of optimized output mode for colorcodes, maybe filtering out some of the yellow from the picture, but until they do, you pretty much have no use for these glasses :(
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

Red/blu glasses are made to work with red cyan anaglyph, so you can't use their blu filter to see a yellow blu anaglyph!!! That filter doesn't block red AND green but ONLY red (red + green = yellow). It is a little darker than a cyan filter but provides slightly better colors (anyway bad).
Do you want to know which blu filter is good to see yellow blu anaglyph? It is this one http://www.adorama.com/LEB47B3.html?sea ... &item_no=4.
I can't buy it because the shipping costs for that are too much for italy and i can't find the same filter here..
Is is not at all as dark as the standard colorcode blu filter but filters very well and should give no ghosting. It should be coupled with a yellow filter not with the standard amber filter of colorcode, because yellow would provide better colors and a brighter image. A yellow transparent plastic foil is good, you can find it for few cents...

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”