Computer in France

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Computer in France

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

I have a friend who needs to buy a computer in France. Are there online retailers you know of that ship to Europe? He is looking for something inexpensive. I'm thinking something like Tigerdirect, Newegg, or NCIX - but I don't think they ship to Europe.

Regards,
Neil
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I think Ebay has usually a wide range of PC's and if you have a OS already and don't need much additional stuff, they have a very good price.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

There are many Computer Shops in europe or shipping to europe: Dell, HP, Apple, Alienware, and myny many more...

May you/he have a look at www.alternate.de it is a very good (german) online shop, that sell also zalman Trimotion ;)
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I'll link to a list of online retailers from another forum if you don't mind. Here's the list.
I mostly buy from NCIX since I'm in Canada so I don't have experience with most of the websites on that list.

Your friend could also go take a look at local computer stores.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Computers in germany are usually cheaper than in France, but you have to take shipping into account, sometimes it's cheaper in germany, sometimes it's cheaper to buy in france. It depends on which products you buy.
like cirk said, i've heard some good feedback from www.alternate.de but i have never bought anything there.

If you have to buy a computer in france, the cheapest way is to buy the computer in Paris in the "chineese" street called "rue Montgallet"

Rue Montgallet is a small street in Paris where there are about 50 computer shops right next to each other, and they keep prices very very very low. They essentially sell individual parts but some of them also make custom PCs, it's the computer enthusiast dream. And if you want a brand pc (HP, Apple, etc..) there's a big brand computer shop called "surcouf" right around the corner, and they also sell individual parts but their prices are slightly higher.
there's a website that compares prices between shops, but the website doesn't lists special packages (motherboard + cpu + ram, etc...) and sinces prices change every day, prices aren't always up to date, so use it just to get an idea of about how much you want to spend and in the end, you'll probably pay a little less but you never know which product have a special offer.
this website is www.rue-montgallet.com

If you can't afford going to Paris, then there are french based internet shops. The best is to compare prices using a french price comparison website like www.rue-hardware.com (it's the same website as the one which compares prices in rue Montgallet but this time it compares internet shops only)
There are lots of internet shops and not all have a good reuptation :

here is very short list of very good french sites you can trust : (i've bought many items from them)
- www.LDLC.com
- www.materiel.net
- www.pixmania.com
There are more but those are the only three where i've bought stuff.
you can check the reputation of any shop at the www.rue-hardware.com site.

The big surcouf shop also has it's own internet shop :
www.surcouf.com
A.J.
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by A.J. »

Don't buy anything from pixmania. I have heard a lot of bad things about them, people getting wrong products if they even arrive and the customer service is awful. Or at least don't pay in advance.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

indeed, i've just seen they're in trouble at pixmania, it used to be a good site a few month ago, now it's one of the crappyest...
bustincapps
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bustincapps »

I find Tigerdirect's prices slightly higher than other retailers in Canada. NCIX is awsome, gotta love those wednesday sales (had a 4850 for 150$ but sold out and 4870 for 270$ pre 20$ rebate) !! Also with Intel price cuts the c2d 8500 is just under 200$. Maybe with these prices you could ship your friend the essentials (mobo, cpu, ram, vid card) if they are tech savy and European prices are much higher than shippin to TO from BC and then to France. Canada Computers is local to u as well Neil (also usually cheaper than Tiger), so you could buy local and ship from TO as a huge favor:P

Return to “General Discussion”