Question about choosing Nvidia

leunvcy
One Eyed Hopeful

Question about choosing Nvidia

Post by leunvcy »

Hi all,

I have dig through a lot of posts from here, over Nvidia forum and the net in general. But I cannot find the answer to my question.

I am going to get a new computer and a Zalman monitor. Therefore I will use Nvidia and Vista 32-bits. I would like to use Nvidia 9000 or 200 series but would like somebody to confirm if the 3D Stereo driver will work with these cards, as I have read the driver will only work with 6 - 8 series?

Regards,

L

P.S. For anybody who asks why to ask in here rather than Nvidia forum. I feel I will be more likely to get a useful reply in here, since i feel much less hate for Nvidia over here than there.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I'm running Vista 32-bit with an 8800GTS 512MB and that works with the latest Nvidia drivers. I am still saving some money for the Zalman, so I've just tested in Anaglyph and the driver at least works. The 8800 I have is based on the G92 core, same as the 9xxx series, so I imagine that means 9 series should work. No clue on the 200 series. I am planning to do a step-up to the GTX 260 when that comes out, but like you I am unsure about compatibility. I think someone here got a GTX 280 so maybe they know.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

The Tridef drivers work with the GTX280, but i think you need to read up on what display you want to buy first. There are several choices out there now. Some require and Nvidia card and some don't. I am happy with my choice but others mileage may vary.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”