ASUS G75VW 3D Laptop Review!

Love it or Lump it - post your feedback to individual blog posts on mtbs3D.com
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

ASUS G75VW 3D Laptop Review!

Post by Neil »

I think it's fair to say that you won't find a bigger 3D fan than myself. I just love the stuff. I have multiple 3D computers for AMD and Nvidia platforms, I have more 3D monitors than I can count, and even at an amateur level, I do my best to get all my content produced and shown in 3D. I even have a 3D smartphone!

The one hurdle I've faced is mobility. As much as I enjoy going to conferences, interviewing people, and sharing 3D content on MTBS, it really sucks that it's next to impossible to publish stuff until I get back home.

[stimg='Old Faithful Dell Inspiron 9400' url=http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/us ... CF2333.jpg]http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/us ... CF2333.jpg[/stimg]

The problem is twofold: first, my notebook computer is too old and doesn't have the processing power to render fast enough. Editing on the go is chunky to say the least, and encoding ten minutes could easily take over an hour PLUS the upload time. To add insult to injury, I can't see the 3D content the way it's Meant to be Seen, and that also makes editing and publishing harder to do.

Read full article...
cybereality

Re: ASUS G75VW 3D Laptop Review!

Post by cybereality »

Very nice.

Also, your cat looks very similar to the one my mom has.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Do you think he has been moonlighting at your place? He's very sneaky.

Regards,
Neil

P.S. It's a serious problem when he tries to snuggle behind the computer. I'm concerned that he will cause it to overheat, but it's a magnet to him.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I just love reading your reviews Neil. Nice laptop too, what a power house that thing is. Its like a desktop in a portable. Did you get a SSD solid state drive in it too? CES is coming up hey! Can't wait or you going at all?

BTW windows 8 is awesome, i got it with dragon naturally speaking 12,I just love dictating to my computer, I also picked up voice buddy from E dimensional it lets you use voice commands in games, just loving it.

Happy holidays and Merry Christmas.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Dom!

Thanks for your kind words. My version has two 750GB hard drives for a 1.5TB total. The SSD is really useless if you are using the instant on feature (ASUS' advanced Sleep mode).

I was at VRST today and am presenting tomorrow. I showed off the computer a little, and the VR experts seemed really impressed with what they saw. It's neat having 3D on the go. I just wish the lights didn't dim every time I turned it on. :lol:

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

I forgot to add that we are definitely going to CES this year, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Regards,
Neil

Return to “MTBS Editorial User Remarks”