Bluray&Other Questions..someone from TDVision please ans

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
koshien
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Bluray&Other Questions..someone from TDVision please ans

Post by koshien »

Hi everyone!
I would like to know from someone who works in TDVision a few things...
1) This interview.... http://www.play3-live.com/news-ps3-film ... 35-p2.html Can you assure us it is not a fake?
2) Since I don' think it is a fake, are there any updates you would like to share with us? Is the release of the firmware still due in 2008?
3) Have you guys worked on the "Hanna Montana" 3D blu-ray due on 19th of August? So there will be a firmware release to allow 3D movie watching on ps3 by that date, am I wrong?
4) Will you announce anything at E3?
I wrote about you (TDVision, iz3D, DDD) on a few Italian videogame forums :mrgreen:
I hope you' ll answer some of these questions!
Bye :wink:
Last edited by koshien on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

1)I don't think it's a fake. No one knows about S-3D, so who would fake something like this?

5) You mean if people only have one eye or can only see through ane, because the other one would need very, very thick glasses?

Well just get one of these new funky Cyper-Eyes. They could be had for about 90,000 Nujen I think... Or maybe just go with a Data-Plug for your head :?
Sorry I jumped about 50 Years into the future... and it does not look too nice there (war from cyborgs vs. each other).

ok Serious:
I don't know, how you could help those guys with available techniques. It's the same with people who have only one ear... But there are Stereo-Headsets (for sound) nevertheless :roll:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

I'd say it's true since they are linking directly from their site:
http://www.tdvision.com/news.php
didn' t know about it even in Italian... a defect called monocular..I think it's about being able to see from one eye only...) to enjoy these new technologies... how do you respond?
I can't speak for TDvision, but Stereo 3D won't work with only one eye (monocular). :?
koshien
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by koshien »

Ok, thank you guys :)
But I sincerely don' t know how many eye defects would not allow to enjoy stereo-3D... I was wondering if TDVision would care to make them (people with eye defects) partecipate in this all new thing. Of course, first of all, stereo-3D should spread to get people interested in it. But maybe, later on, something could be done :wink:
Now I want to hear about E3...from TDVision.... 8)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

koshien wrote:But I sincerely don' t know how many eye defects would not allow to enjoy stereo-3D... I was wondering if TDVision would care to make them (people with eye defects) partecipate in this all new thing.
There are researchers and scientists that are working on restoring vision to people who have lost their sight (ocular implants, etc.). There is progress on this front all the time, even an article from today:
http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14696974

For sighted people with minor vision problems there is affordable laser eye surgery, advanced contact lens and, of course, prescription glasses.

TDVision is just a technology company, their glasses are not going to magically make the blind see!
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

LukePC1 wrote: 5) You mean if people only have one eye or can only see through ane, because the other one would need very, very thick glasses?

Well just get one of these new funky Cyper-Eyes. They could be had for about 90,000 Nujen I think... Or maybe just go with a Data-Plug for your head :?
Sorry I jumped about 50 Years into the future... and it does not look too nice there (war from cyborgs vs. each other).
I was just joking...
I thought aboutout the RPG Shadowrun, where 'people' have futuristic implantats all over their body. They replace healthy parts of their body with mechanical parts - like legs, eyes and other stuff. Advantage of cyber eyes is, you can have a recorder in them :roll:

If things develop like it is, that might be true after all... Maybe people are implantating a HMD directly into their head??? :shock:
ayqz1u0s

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

LukePC1 wrote:I thought aboutout the RPG Shadowrun, where 'people' have futuristic implantats all over their body.
I caught the reference, I guess I should have said something. But anyway, cybereyes are real (very low-res greyscale at the moment), give it some time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0apm2NnNx8
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Interesting clip. This chip has a resolution of 16 or 60 pixels... and others are complaining about 920.000 pixels...

It's amaizing what technology can do... Will magic be next :?
Maybe politicans will be able to keep their promises then :lol:

edit:
Cyberleg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mCSHO1GtaQ
ayqz1u0s

Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

I just wanted to give this post a good bump. I found the same article when googleing around the other day and it got me very excited. E3 is just over a week away, has anyone heard anything about possible announcements at E3 from TDVision?

To TDVision:

I know from reading the article that you cant disclose much info about studios and titles. Can you perhaps give us more detail on how it all works and what the consumer will need to view Blu-Ray 3D content on the PS3 / PC. From what I understand you need a 3D Display \ TV, a PS3 with a 3D firmware update, and what else? Will you be releasing glasses (shutter or polarized) packages to sell from TDVision, or just using the solutions of other companies? Do you have any kind of rough time frame of when this will become available? What will it cost? Will we be paying for the firmware upgrade via Playstation-network?
We are working very hard on our technology lobbying, having the TDVCodec to be a standard for 3D Blu-ray movies as part of the SMPTE, MPEG, ATSC and Blu-ray organizations and we are seeking for the studios support to adopt our format
Is there anything we (the consumers) can do to help you lobby? Are there any petitions, forums, or blogs we can sign to help persuade Blu-ray organizations to adopt your format? Perhaps an email address we can write to?

This technology has more potential than any other 3D solution on the market so far to bust into mainstream. It is all going to rely on who will adopt the format and supply the content. Most people aren't going to buy into this unless they can watch some movies that they are excited about in 3D. We need some good titles and the support of some of the major studios. The possibilty of one day watching mainstream movies in 3D gets me very excited, can you tell? :shock: :D
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

TDV sells their DTVisor. It is still a 'prototype', so it's 1000$. But 'massproduction' will start soon and it should drop to 500$ then.
So yes, they are selling glasses, but neither polarized nor Shutter, but active LCD glasses, which don't need a TV at all :)

They are going to release a HD version, too. And they are working on codecs how it seems. I have no clue, how it works, but it might have to do with 2D picture + Depth informations. Afaik they also have a camera, which records 3D that way.

My concearn is: can you make a good image of 2D + depth? I mean you need to have a computer (or a PS3) to render all of it into 2 streams again...
Maybe it helps to know the name (helps for many mystical beeings in RPGs).
I call you mighty Eschur the Guru from TDV.
Lets see if this powerfull spell works :lol: :roll: :? :shock: :)
ayqz1u0s

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

LukePC1 wrote:I call you mighty Eschur the Guru from TDV.
Lets see if this powerfull spell works :lol: :roll: :? :shock: :)
LOL! You are hilarious, it will probably work too. :lol:

However, if they don't say anything its probably a good thing. Meaning they either have a contract or in the middle of a deal with major studios.
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

Yeah I saw the DTVisor in other posts. Would be good for say gaming or single user use, but I was looking for more a home theater type of setup.
Here is a snipped of the article and the link again. http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/posting.php ... ply&t=1560
P3L : To view the movie in 3D, we need a special TV. Any special glasses too ?

Manuel R. : You can use the 3D TV from Samsung (both RPTV DLP or the their newer Plasma), Mitsubishi, Kerner electronics, IZ3D Monitor and Hundai. The DLP based TVs work under shutter glasses (by blocking the left and right eye alternatively) Kerner, IZ3D and Hundai use polarization glasses.
From what I gather, the TDVision software will run on either a PC or PS3 and will use your current 3D setup (IZ3D, Samsung, Mitsu, ect). I was mainly wondering how TDV will be making $$ off of this venture(and what the customer will be out of pocket). Will they be charging for PC software and / or PS3 firmware update, or are they going to have their own brand of polarized/shutter glasses. I guess its also possible they supply the PS3 firmware for free and make fees from Blu-ray companies that encode their media with the TDVCodec.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Killigath wrote: make fees from Blu-ray companies that encode their media with the TDVCodec.
That would be the best bet, wouldn't it?

@ my summoning: I must have done something wrong... :evil:
Maybe that were powers too strong for a Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Although the Diamonds might be realy helpfull for spells :roll:

note: maybe some users are using the search for their name? If it is in there, they post :?
ayqz1u0s

eschur
One Eyed Hopeful

I am called by a powerful spell

Post by eschur »

Hello!

To be clear the TDVision format is not a 2D+Depth format. Think of it this way: Within a standard video stream you have the 3D video embedded with full resolution and color.

TDVision technology let's the user decide how to watch content in 2D on a 2D television or in 3D on any 3D enabled television. The technology is not tied to any one particular device and is a software/firmware only solution that requires no additional hardware.

- When content is encoded with our technology, it can be played back in 2D or any 3D format at the highest quality available

- Legacy 2D decoders will read the 2D portion of the video stream and discard the 3D information

- Updated decoders can play to 3D LCD, DLP, Plasma, TDVisor and more.

We really do appreciate your help in making Blu-ray 3D a reality. One great way would be to allow access to our DejaView player and TDVDecoder in order to watch content in TDVision format. If anyone is interested in being beta tester please let me know. My email is eschur@TDVisioncorp.com.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”