XPS 630 with dual 8800GT. VISTA!

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
mayaman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

XPS 630 with dual 8800GT. VISTA!

Post by mayaman »

Is the TDVision HD 1280x720 visor a good solution for me? Would I connect the HMD to each video card? How would I set up the drivers? I am on Vista Premium.

Here are my questions.

1. With TDVision will I still need Nvidia drivers or will TDVision work with any graphics card?
2. With 2 8800GT will I have a better experience since you could make each card do a different image?
3. Can I play ANY game in stereo? Even Blitzkrieg which is a sprite based game?
4. For flight and driving and FPS games how would I implement head tracking?
5. Can I use this display as a 2D display with my Xbox 360? Will there ever be a HMD for 3D on consoles?

Please help with these issues as I would love to get this product when available. If TD has tech guys here I signed the preorder form. please reply to this thread.

thank you
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: XPS 630 with dual 8800GT. VISTA!

Post by LukePC1 »

1. With TDVision will I still need Nvidia drivers or will TDVision work with any graphics card?
- You need some driver to run it. This could be NV driver or IZ3D driver in Dual-Output

2. With 2 8800GT will I have a better experience since you could make each card do a different image?
- possible, but you need dualoutput, so SLI will not work, because it shutts down all but one output. CrossfireX is supposed to work with IZ3D driver though.

3. Can I play ANY game in stereo? Even Blitzkrieg which is a sprite based game?
- Some games don't look good. Some might be 2D, so not ANY... I'm not shure about sprites, but if they are placed at the right distance it might work. If they're placed wrong it won't be a good experience.

4. For flight and driving and FPS games how would I implement head tracking?
- not shure. Different ways are possible, I think.
5. Can I use this display as a 2D display with my Xbox 360? Will there ever be a HMD for 3D on consoles?
- if it can be connected it might work. It could act like a normal screen afaik

* There are some tech demos to run it with PS3, but I think it was only 3D movies.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
mayaman

Post by mayaman »

Thank you

But what about Vista? Is there any solutions for Vista so far?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

mayaman wrote:But what about Vista? Is there any solutions for Vista so far?
The TDVisor can use the iz3D driver, which works great on Vista.
mayaman

Post by mayaman »

Ah OK so the IZ3D driver has way more games compatible than the Icuiti VR920 and works on the TD head display. So basically if it works on IZ3D it should work with TD head display. But not with VR920.

Forgive the noob questions but I'm trying to find the best solution for my gaming with limited knowledge.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

mayaman wrote:Ah OK so the IZ3D driver has way more games compatible than the Icuiti VR920 and works on the TD head display. So basically if it works on IZ3D it should work with TD head display. But not with VR920.
Basically, yes. You can test the iz3d driver on your computer now if you have a pair of red-blue 3d glasses. This should give you an idea of the compatibility.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”