Oculus Rift Kickstarter Infographic

benz145
Two Eyed Hopeful

Oculus Rift Kickstarter Infographic

Post by benz145 »

Really glad to see all the success Palmer has had with the Kickstarter campaign! I've been watching it closely and decided to put together an infographic to look at some of the interesting stats that have come out of it. There are 7 days left and I'm thinking we'll see it hit $2 million before it ends! The infographic is here:

http://www.roadtovr.com/2012/08/24/ocul ... remaining/
mysticeti
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Oculus Rift Kickstarter Infographic

Post by mysticeti »

Cool. Thanks.

I'm thinking $2Million is reachable as well. 2.4 (the linear projection) seems a bit optimistic to me.

Either way, what a ride it's been so far!
Last edited by mysticeti on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Nice. I think it will reach $2M.
Namielus
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Namielus »

Im betting for 2.2 lol
Riftoholic

My precious 6 month project the Oculus Virtual Lounge:
If you help me in any way I will be forever grateful.
wuliheron
Cross Eyed!

Post by wuliheron »

It's pretty clear already that money is not an issue at this point and this technology is taking off like a rocket. I wouldn't be surprised if Palmer is already having to chase away some people with stick. :evil:
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

Crazy story: When I talked to Mark Bolas (founder of Fakespace) the day before the Kickstarter launched, he told me that he thought it would go over $2 Million, but that he did not see it going past $3 Million. Crazy how accurate he was!

Here is a chart showing the progress (The most recent day being flat is not accurate, since it is the middle of that day right now):

Awesome post on RoadToVR, love the infographic!
rmcclelland
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by rmcclelland »

Interesting that about half of the money came in the first 48 hours. I guess there were many such as myself who were already aware of the Oculus Rift and awaiting the kick starter. The profile has been roughly linear for a long time, not really showing bumps from conventions etc, though I guess those have been more or less continuous. These has also been a fairly steady media streams with a couple new articles each day.
benz145
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by benz145 »

PalmerTech wrote:Crazy story: When I talked to Mark Bolas (founder of Fakespace) the day before the Kickstarter launched, he told me that he thought it would go over $2 Million, but that he did not see it going past $3 Million. Crazy how accurate he was!

Here is a chart showing the progress (The most recent day being flat is not accurate, since it is the middle of that day right now):

Awesome post on RoadToVR, love the infographic!
Ah I was hoping you'd have better data with access to the backend; thank for sharing the chart! 6 more days!

Return to “Oculus VR”