VR Keynotes from Quakecon Now Available

benz145
Two Eyed Hopeful

VR Keynotes from Quakecon Now Available

Post by benz145 »

Hey guys, if you missed the QuakeCon keynotes with John Carmack (id), Palmer Luckey (Oculus, duh!), and Michael Abrash (Valve), you can catch them here!

http://www.roadtovr.com/2012/08/05/watc ... otes-here/
donkaradiablo
Cross Eyed!

Re: VR Keynotes from Quakecon Now Available

Post by donkaradiablo »

It's only one software... it's for developers really... it's not a consumer device... it doesn't work and is made out of cardboard...

This is so great and so cool of Carmack and Abrash to support the Rift like that. Valve and id making games for a VR system has been my dream for far too long. It's been nice to hear why the time is now.

I wonder if something like the Leap will be part of a future version of the Rift, stuck in front of the Rift for all hand/gun tracking and in-game controls (also for Minority Report like virtual desktop env.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d6KuiuteIA[/youtube]
Answers
Walking the thin line between Jobs and Kramer
benz145
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: VR Keynotes from Quakecon Now Available

Post by benz145 »

donkaradiablo wrote:It's only one software... it's for developers really... it's not a consumer device... it doesn't work and is made out of cardboard...

This is so great and so cool of Carmack and Abrash to support the Rift like that. Valve and id making games for a VR system has been my dream for far too long. It's been nice to hear why the time is now.

I wonder if something like the Leap will be part of a future version of the Rift, stuck in front of the Rift for all hand/gun tracking and in-game controls (also for Minority Report like virtual desktop env.)
I've been thinking about the Leap in conjunction with the Oculus Rift as well. I imagine being able to physically place cubes in Minecraft while hearing that frightening "ssssssssss" only to turn around and see a life sized virtual creeper coming for you. That would be amazing.

Return to “Oculus VR”