3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

iZ3D 1.08 Driver Out Today!

Post by Neil »

Download their latest release driver here:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/dloads/index.php?act=view&id=36

Post your results!

Regards,
Neil
Last edited by Neil on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Just started testing (anaglyph mode), fraps still doesn't work, even with it's "disable driver" entry.
It used to work in 1.07.0000

Will test all my games and report this evening.
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

If you uninstall driver, fraps work?
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I just need to disable it and fraps works again. I know it instantly since fraps' osd displays the framerate too.
With 1.07 i was able to record videos with it, (i made this one : http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user ... 17174.html)
All i needed to do was to add Fraps.exe to the "disable driver" profile. Since 1.08 betas and 1.08 final it doesn't work anymore.
I tried to reinstall the driver, i tried to reinstall fraps, i even tried to manually restart with the iz3d service disabled to see if there was some sort of startup priority but nothing works.

It seems you have changed something in the hook that make fraps unable to grab the image after iz3d had finished with it.
holl5877
One Eyed Hopeful

UT3 and Oblivion still don't start

Post by holl5877 »

In dual projector mode, UT3 and Oblivion still don't start when stereo is enabled, or enabled by hotkey. If stereo is disabled, they work fine. For more details, see my post about this issue on the thread about the 1.07.0034 beta.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I will test Oblivion here, but UT3 should work. When you run it, it could take moments to start. There is an unusually large pause at the beginning of the game before you can do anything when the stereo driver is loaded. Let it sit.

Regards,
Neil
holl5877
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by holl5877 »

Letting it sit while it tries to load UT3 won't help. After about 20 seconds of trying to load, the displays switch back to the desktop. When I bring up task manager, I see that the UT3 application is no longer running. It'll be interesting to see if Oblivion works for you.
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

2 holl5877
Please try anaglyph.
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Ut3 loads normally for me in anaglyph mode, no problem.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I just tried out the new 1.08 drivers on Vista 32-bit w/ 175.16 Nvidia drivers and a 8800 GTS 512MB (G92). All tests done in anaglyph mode.

UT3:
-Works great in 3d. Default 3d settings appeared to be better, but I'm not positive about that. Nice sense of depth. Everything on max, no problems. Only issue is telling the difference between red and blue team on anaglyph! Performance fine, 60fps smooth.

Crysis:
-I finally got this to run in 3d, but not without a weird glitch. It has to do with the shadows, it makes the screen like this: http://www.cybereality.com/images/crysis_borked.jpg . If I turn shadows off the pixely-blocks go away. In order to get it to work I needed to set "Shadows" to "Low" and also "Water" to "Low", everything else "High" under DX9. Otherwise the stereo 3d worked very nicely. I was particularly impressed with the iron-sights. This is the first time I have seen the iron-sights done right in 3d. It looked perfect, it actually helped with aiming and you didn't need to close one eye. Graphics look a little shabby without shadows though. Performance was alright.

Half-Life 2:
-Finally got this to work, I was having problems with this on the old driver for some reason. Stereo 3d effect was very good. Colors were *amazing* for anaglyph. It looked just like the normal game colors. Maybe this is due to the color palette of the game, I don't know. But there was barely any ghosting or color issues. It looked perfect, I don't think anaglyph can get any better. Performance was fine, 60fps with V-Sync.

Grid demo:
-Worked in 3d (previously it would crash on title screen). 3d effect was good, about on par with Nvidia driver. Performance was horrible. Enabling stereo dropped the FPS from a smooth 60fps to a slideshow at 10-15fps. Rendered the game unplayable, however the 3d effect did work and it did not crash.

F.E.A.R:
-Worked fine in stereo 3d. Did the in-game benchmark, got 59fps average (V-Sync), performance good.
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

Grid demo:
-Worked in 3d (previously it would crash on title screen). 3d effect was good, about on par with Nvidia driver. Performance was horrible. Enabling stereo dropped the FPS from a smooth 60fps to a slideshow at 10-15fps. Rendered the game unplayable, however the 3d effect did work and it did not crash.
You must set shadows to off or low, then the performance is good.

See my GRID thread in the iz3D forum game section for more details.
holl5877
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by holl5877 »

I tried both UT3 and Oblivion in anaglyph mode, and they work fine.
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

I have not downloaded (I have never installed this driver), but seem that planar and shutterglasses are not supported, isn´t right ?
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

Yeah, no planar or shutterglasses support, but since 1.08 is finally out that means it's right around the corner! :) I couldn't ask for a better birthday present (well, except for planar support to be released today, but that would be too much :P ).
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I just tried Devil May Cry 4 demo and it looks gorgeous !!!

All settings to the max except antialiasing.
stereo jpegs here : http://blacksharkfr.free.fr/media/image ... beta/dmc4/

Almost flawless rendering, even shadows, even postprocessing are perfect !
I say "almost flawless" because there are some very minor things :

-aiming lock circle is drawn at hud depth instead of object depth (requires game developper intervention i think)
http://blacksharkfr.free.fr/media/image ... 230058.jpg
-sometimes there is a small glitch which produced some weird blinds effect on some elements. It only appears on a few frames, i didn't notice them when playing, it was only when i viewed the screenshots that i noticed them :
http://blacksharkfr.free.fr/media/image ... 230012.jpg
http://blacksharkfr.free.fr/media/image ... 230011.jpg

will upload some of these screenshots to the gallery.

I also used the game's benchmark, i noticed that the iZ3D driver still eats a small bit of the framerate even in monoscopic mode.
driver disabled : http://blacksharkfr.free.fr/media/image ... isable.jpg
driver enabled - mono : http://blacksharkfr.free.fr/media/image ... able2d.jpg
driver enabled - stereo : http://blacksharkfr.free.fr/media/image ... able3d.jpg
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

hey i saw you really added yellow/blu anaglyph mode, i realize it only now i have not been in this website for a while because i thught it would have taken quite a bit of time to do it...but now i want to know how do i turn it on?? i can't find anymore the settings file...
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

if i don't remember right yo uput in a directory like documents and settings/applications data, now i don't have such directory on my win xp in my proflie nor in any of the profliles
present! Except 'administrator' one which can't be selected at the beginning of at win xp launch. now how do i select yellow/blu anaglyph?
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

you have to show the hidden folders to view the application data folder.
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

i just realized one it minute before reading your reply but there is NOT a config file there!!! only statistics.xml userprofile.xml and report.txt
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

i managed how to do it, the directory is c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\iz3d driver
it is an hiddend directory so you must select show hidden files at folder options first.
Now i can play with yellow/blu anaglyph with colorcode glasses wich provide much better colors that red/cyan but is incredibly DARK expecially the blu filter.
Now i cant find anywhere standard yellow/blu glasses can anyone help? i am trying t obuld them myself but blu transparent plastic foils are all variations of cyan/dark cyan
and the don't block red and green but only red (would only work for red cyan anaglyph). I have tried to create my own blu lens with colors for glass but it's not easy at all, those blu colors are variations of cyan/dark cyan too...anyone can help?
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

is there support for the vr920 yet?
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Just updated and noticed there is no longer a hmd option?
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Okta wrote:Just updated and noticed there is no longer a hmd option?
We renamed it, because in reality it is just dual output. The only HMD I know of that actually just uses left and right is the TDVisor I believe. The mode didn't change though, still does the same function. Left and right output.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Welder wrote:
We renamed it, because in reality it is just dual output. The only HMD I know of that actually just uses left and right is the TDVisor I believe. The mode didn't change though, still does the same function. Left and right output.
Hmm, i have a blank space where it was, only options are IZ3d and Anaglyph, no dual mode...
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

hmm so was the vr920 support canceld?
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

wuhlei wrote:hmm so was the vr920 support canceld?
BlackQ showed their plans in the topic about it: questions for Vadim volume 2 or something...

All common 3D output methods will be supported in 1.9, which is going to development right now. They expect an alpha version in July.

VR920 support is specially mentioned, because IZ3D got information from them. Other pageflipping will be in it, but sync can't be garanteed.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Okta wrote:
Welder wrote:
Hmm, i have a blank space where it was, only options are IZ3d and Anaglyph, no dual mode...
Please make sure that when you install the drivers, you select full installation on the install selection.
mattias.online
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mattias.online »

Does the new version support multi-monitor setups? The one I have will not let me move the mouse onto my 2nd monitor when I'm on the Windows desktop.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

mattias.online wrote:Does the new version support multi-monitor setups? The one I have will not let me move the mouse onto my 2nd monitor when I'm on the Windows desktop.
Please take mouse lock off in the Input settings.
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

I have been playing with the 1.08 drivers for some time and i must say that even with my old ati radeon 9600pro 128mb tagp hey work very fine. No crashes, good frame rates when 3d is on, i am satisfied even if yellow/blu which still gives better colors than red cyan is too dark with colorcode glasses and i can't manage to build my own yellow/blu glasses yet...
I must say that the values of convergence and separation are not so obvious though...i tought that standard -0.5000 convergence and 20% separation were the best to give good depth perception but new values of each game profiles let me understood that you don't need a lot of convergence to apriciate 3d depth and that a value of -0.0300 with 60% of separation is very good for 3d expirience and it also decreses ghosting and eye strain quite a lot!
What do you think about this?
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

Of course those values depends on the game, -0.0300 and 60% works good for hlaf life 2, for another game like far cry values like -0.0200 and 20% works good...
I posted two images of far cry :
http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/displayim ... ?pos=-1285 (this is -0.0200 convergence 20% separation)
http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/displayim ... ?pos=-1284 (this is -0.5000 convergence 20% separation)
Which gives the best 3d depth perception for you?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

winch8 wrote:i thought that standard -0.5000 convergence and 20% separation were the best to give good depth perception but new values of each game profiles let me understood that you don't need a lot of convergence to appreciate 3d depth and that a value of -0.0300 with 60% of separation is very good for 3d experience and it also decreases ghosting and eye strain quite a lot!
What do you think about this?
You don't need extreme values to get a good 3d effect. When first learning about S3D is used to jack the values up like crazy and it just gave me a headache. Then I realized its not about the magnitude, its about getting the correct ratio of separation to convergence. For example, just try closing one eye right now and then alternating which one is open. You will find that both images are surprisingly similar. Unless something is right up on your face, it should be at around the same spot for both eyes. That is how you get a nice clean stereo image. If you just want to go for all out depth and out-of-screen effects, then you can jack the values up but it diminishes the experience IMO.
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

The lower is the convergence the more things will pop out of the screen!! try it with half life 2...
I want to say also that i think there should be a limit of the absolute separation of the two images that form the 3d image of the single objects :
if it is too much (when you get too close to an object with some convergence/separation values) it just ruins the depth perception. There should be a limit and
i think with this the auto convergence feature would become unuseful!!
It would also solve the 'charachter gun' problem in games like far cry, the problem is in fact that the two stereo images of the gun are toooo separated!
Could you do this?
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

to me, the best setting for separation/convergence is :
NEVER pop-out ! always pop-in.
and
measure on your screen a maximum separation of objects of about 5 centimeters.

each game requires different separation/convergence settings because :
- 3Ddrivers use the standard DirectX scale to measure separation, but each game can have it's own internal scale.
- some games have objects very close to the camera, therefore require a separation close to 0, others have all objetcs far away from the camera, therefore require a lower negative separation.
on my 22" monitor, i found that the default setting (20% -0.5) is quite close the the perfect setting in most games, but some games are completely different (ie tomb raider anniversary)

Pop-out is fun in 3D cinemas, but when in front of your computer, there isn't enough room between you and the screen to allow good pop-out, and objects around the monitor (including the monitor frame itself) will cause visual depth anomalies (objects behind the image hiding the image) and this causes headaches.
this is a very personnal issue, some people actually enjoy having pop-out on their monitors but i don't, so i recommand you try without pop-out first.
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

And for what concerns an option to limit the max separation between the pair of the 3d images of the objects? It could be setmaxseparation=
Could you add it?
And another tip....can you set an option to put all 2d images (mouse pointer, level of energy and so on) to be all OUTSIDE the monitor? Zalman 3d monitor just
do this and i think that it could be very useful to enanche the 3d expirience expecially with low convergence options that let things pop out (like mine) hheeheh.
Infact if you notice the 3d perception is influenced by the 2d images on the screen and all we incounsciously consider the difference in space between the 2d mouse pointer
and the other 2d images with the 3d world just to see how good is the 3d effect...
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Er...
I don't think 'popout' for 2D objects is good:
- many of them have funny values, and tend to dissapear from the screen (just like it was with old NV driver - don't know about the new one).
- it would increase ghosting of the menue, which can be pretty anoying
- I don't think it's easy to program

Maybe others can post even more arguments against it :)
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

I have managed to find the good convergence/separation values for dark messiah of mm, but.....well for me they are -0.0030 convergence and 1000% separation!!!!
But that game works wonderfully in stereo 3d! Apart from the sword and shield that are too separated, in fact i play it around with no shield or sword just to see the wonderfull 3d world.
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

i just said to add an option to set a maximum separation and another to let 2d object to pop out of the screen...options so if you want you can enable it.
Nvidia drivers has such a thing, they even let you select your monitor size in inches to determinate the maximum separation!
holl5877
One Eyed Hopeful

In dual projector mode all my games are now working!!

Post by holl5877 »

I want to post an update to my earlier posts on this thread. Earlier I said that Oblivion and UT3 would not start on my system when using the 1.08 iz3d driver (or the 0036 or 0034 betas). Since that time I reformatted C:, reinstalled Windows, all my apps & games. I then installed the same NVIDIA forceware driver that I used before, same monitor driver, set it up the same way (dual view), etc. Then I installed the 1.08 iz3d driver, and now all my games work!! :)

I don't know why I was having troubles before, but they're gone now.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Re: In dual projector mode all my games are now working!!

Post by Welder »

holl5877 wrote:I want to post an update to my earlier posts on this thread. Earlier I said that Oblivion and UT3 would not start on my system when using the 1.08 iz3d driver (or the 0036 or 0034 betas). Since that time I reformatted C:, reinstalled Windows, all my apps & games. I then installed the same NVIDIA forceware driver that I used before, same monitor driver, set it up the same way (dual view), etc. Then I installed the 1.08 iz3d driver, and now all my games work!! :)

I don't know why I was having troubles before, but they're gone now.
Great! Glad you are up and running!

Please feel free to let us know if there is anything you need help with.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”