Best 3D Monitor for quality?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
locrow98
One Eyed Hopeful

Best 3D Monitor for quality?

Post by locrow98 »

I am trying to decide between two 3D monitors: ViewSonic V3D245 OR Samsung S23A950D

I have an Nvidia graphics card and I read that I can install a hack to make that compatible with the Samsung, but at the risk of making my system a bit unstable. The Viewsonic comes with 3dvision glasses (version 1) which would make the 3D effect darker than on the Samsung. How do the Samsung glasses stack up against the 3dvision glasses? My main question is if I get a hack going with the Samsung, will I still be able to use Tridef software with my Nvidia card?

I hope you guys can shed some light on my dilemma or offer personal opinions! I want that WOW factor when I fire up some 3D games :woot

I am also concerned about both monitor's ghosting and especially the flickering of active 3D technology...will the 120hz 3D screens have noticeable flickering?
locrow98
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Best 3D Monitor for quality?

Post by locrow98 »

Whoa, lotta views and no response :shock:
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

That's easy! Go for the Samsung. I checked the monitor's specs, and it doesn't use Nvidia 3D Vision 2 glasses, it just uses the original version. The Samsung has much better image quality in 3D. Now, if it was 3D Vision 2 (with Lightboost), then it would be a tougher decision (though Samsung's 27" versus Viewsonic's 24" is another issue).

When using the Samsung, make sure you set the response rate to normal (it defaults to FAST and this causes ghosting).

Regards,
Neil
locrow98
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by locrow98 »

I can buy a pair of 3dvision 2 glasses seperately, would they be compatible with the Viewsonic? Is there a way to make the Viewsonic work with Tridef?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The Nvidia Lightboost (used with 3D Vision 2) is a monitor technology. The glasses are only slightly updated from the original.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Unofficially, you can get some limited compatibility with TriDef on the Viewsonic - but the image quality would definitely be better with the Samsung in this case.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I don't know much about either of those monitors but, in general, if you have an Nvidia card you are better off going with an Nvidia kit.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Oh wait. I'm very sorry, it didn't click that you have an Nvidia GPU. You don't really have a choice on this one, the Viewsonic is the way to go. Sorry about that.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”