Wanna be new to 3D but need help with adaptor power supply

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
comwizz2
One Eyed Hopeful

Wanna be new to 3D but need help with adaptor power supply

Post by comwizz2 »

Hello! I am a frequenter of many forums, but a poster on so few. I stumble across this forum while searching on information on a 3d adapter that had wondered into my possession. I have the module and the glasses but sadly lack a power supply. I was hoping someone with some knowledge of this adapter might reside here and might be able to help me by letting me know what the voltage (or voltages! it is a 3 pin power supply!) is supplied by the wall wart. I know my way around a soldering iron and could put something together to feed it the correct juice but i don't want to fry it! Any help would be apreciated.

in case image is not clear, "3d World" X3d Technologies and it has a 3 pin mini din power connector

TLDR: missing power supply any suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
comwizz2
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Wanna be new to 3D but need help with adaptor power supp

Post by comwizz2 »

Also, do these work with a led or lcd monitor with the iz3d drivers?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Unfortunately that adapter (and the glasses that go with it) will not generally work with modern displays, like LCDs. That model was designed to be used with old CRT displays, and software support is really only reliable on ancient Nvidia hardware. To be honest, unless you have some retro gear to work with you are better off looking into modern solutions. There is a lot of stuff that is affordable these days. If you want to get started for free, I am sending out cheap paper anagylph glasses (red/cyan) that will work with the IZ3D driver. Just PM me if you are interested.
comwizz2
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by comwizz2 »

Thanks for the fast reply. I really dont wanna move back to old hardware seeing as how i just finally got usable gaming hardware lol

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”