Giving the HMZ-T1 a new 3D-printed shell

This is for discussion and development of non-commercial open source VR/AR projects (e.g. Kickstarter applicable, etc). Contact MTBS admins at customerservice@mtbs3d.com if you are unsure if your efforts qualify.
Mitbekommer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Giving the HMZ-T1 a new 3D-printed shell

Post by Mitbekommer »

brantlew wrote:Image
Nice. Looks like a helmet for capital punishment, could be a prop from saw, too.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Ummm, isnt that actually bigger and uglier than the original housing? :shock:
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Okta wrote:Ummm, isnt that actually bigger and uglier than the original housing? :shock:
I think the idea was to make something more comfortable. Nothing wrong with the look of the original unit.
melvin1986
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by melvin1986 »

Wow nice design in Autocad rfurlan. Can i have a copy hehe. I'd like to print myself the shell to and try to make a full hd goggle :D
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

cybereality wrote:
Okta wrote:Ummm, isnt that actually bigger and uglier than the original housing? :shock:
I think the idea was to make something more comfortable. Nothing wrong with the look of the original unit.
The stock design looks like a toilet ring though :P
donkaradiablo
Cross Eyed!

Post by donkaradiablo »

I'm waiting for the rift but still keeping my hmz-t1 for movies. A new shell would be great. In fact if it was possible to send mine and get it modified, I'd gladly pay extra to have someone with experience handle it (and if I'm not the only one, that could be interesting maybe?)
Answers
Walking the thin line between Jobs and Kramer
melvin1986
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by melvin1986 »

rfurlan wrote:Here are some images of the first draft. There is still a lot of work left to do (make sure internals will fit, eye cups, eye relief, wiring, headphone jacks etc). I am going to print it tonight, iterate tomorrow, print again, iterate again, until it is serviceable. PM me if you would like a copy of the files :)
Hi rfurlan, i did send u a PM and please can i have a copy. I am a newb @ Autocad Inventor, but like 2 try to make some modifications and print it out for my own prototype!

Thanks in advance!

Return to “VR/AR Research & Development”