Game Clans?

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Game Clans?

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys,

Do any of you play in gaming clans? How do they work?

I had an idea - but I don't know enough about them

Maybe we can do something for the stereoscopic 3D community as it grows.

Please post any experiences you have had with this.

Regards,
Neil
scarab
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by scarab »

i am in a "clan" but we all know us before and we all live in the same town. its no real clan. most time we are together on a teamspeak server an talking the whole day. the half of the time we are in teamspeak we play games together.

i think making a S-3D-clan is not such a good idea because aiming in 3d is not so easy and maybe some games say S-3D is cheating.

but we can be an S-3D community and play games together :D
Neil

Clan

Post by Neil »

Not so fast! :wink:

Can MTBS members automatically be part of a clan?

Once the ceritification results start coming out, we can selectively associate our clan with S-3D compatible games.

S-3D is not cheating, I assure you. And...if there are advantages...perhaps that will encourage more people to get an S-3D solution, no?

Please post and put some thought into what you think would be required to make it work.

Regards,
Neil
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I play in 2 clans:
[BA] Battlefield 2 clan
[21VB] ArmA clan
It makes it more fun to play.
But sometimes it's nice to talk to new players on a random public server.

They work by the clanmember paying to (and controlling) a game server and teamspeak server. There's a website with forum and sometimes clanfights is arranged. Sometimes LAN parties and parties/get together. Teamspeak is great.
Neil

What Equipment is Needed?

Post by Neil »

Very interesting.

Can a single computer handle more than one game, or is it one game per computer?

Regards,
Niel
Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Defender »

i'm not in a clan. But i must say that aiming is not difficult in 3D. I played Ut2004 in S3D online. The only problem i see is that the Icons/Messages over the Heads of the players in UT2004 are not correctly placed in 3D. They are 2D.
- My stereo rig -
- iZ3D 22'' - GTX 260 - i7 920 - 12GB Ram - Windows 7 64bit
scarab
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by scarab »

but its more difficult than in 2d. or do you hit your enemy in S-3D with a shock rifle as much as in 2D? with a flak cannon its no problem :wink:

did someone of you have xfire? my xfire name is LFScarab (my current nickname is ".Artemus GleitFrosch") maybe we can play together. but if you ask to add me in your friend list say that we know us from MTBS( i want to make a new group).
RAZOR3D SHUTTER GLASSES @ NEC Diamond Pro 930SB(19" CRT) @ 6600GT
Neil

Post by Neil »

Ok!

Leave it with me. Time to take this up a notch!

Regards,
Neil :wink:
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

I am in an America's Army game clan: http://agfclan.clanservers.com {AGF}. 1 member uses anaglyph glasses for 3d in the game occasionally, but it looks like you are at the beach with the teal shading on objects. I tested it a few months ago before I sold my 7800 GT and I got the same result. Asside from that, the 3D Laser sight works great! Everything is jaw dropping!

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”