iZ3D drivers with N64 emulators?

Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

iZ3D drivers with N64 emulators?

Post by Sabre2552 »

Has anyone tested the iZ3D drivers to see if they'd work with any N64 emulators? I think it would be really awesome to play those old games in S3D. Do any of the emulators use OpenGL or DirectX?

EDIT: Wow... I tried it, and it worked! That's amazing, it's pretty glitchy, but still worth it for Zelda and Mario in S3D. I can only use anaglyph right now, but hopefully Planar support will be added to the iZ3D drivers soon so that I can experience it in full-color S3D. :D
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

wow! good news for us! never tried this - we tested 64 bits but without emulator...

about Planar and other plans for 1.09 I'll make announcement a bit later - planning is almost done - now we need to define how much time it will take to implement 1.09 with long list of improvement and changes we planned :-)
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

Yep, I'm using Project64, and it's S3D is remarkably good. It's glitchy at times, of course, and on the sides whenever you're moving around it glitches because one eye is trying to see something that's not yet rendered, but on the whole it's remarkable. One of the main reasons I got into S3D was because I saw a screenshot of Zelda in 3D, and now I'm able to experience it (almost, I still have the weird colors of anaglyph)!
maart
One Eyed Hopeful

HELL YES!

Post by maart »

Planar for 1.09! :D
now i can hardly wait.!
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

huh ? i need a dictionnary, what's that planar thing ?
and sabre can you make some screenshots ? i'm interested.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

"Planar" = "Left" + Mirrored "Right"
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

ok.

since we were talking about emulators, i wanted to test something...
REZ on PS2 emulator pcsx2.

It works quite well, almost perfect rendering. I just had to swap eyes.
Game plays slow because the emulator looses a lot of time emulating the PS2 power pc cpu, but very fun.
And emulator is unstable (game crashes when returning to mainmenu so i can only play level one)

jpeg stereo images are here :
http://blacksharkfr.free.fr/media/image ... dbeta/rez/
will upload these pictures to the gallery later.

note : screeshots have been resized since the console renders anamorphic square images.
also for some reason the iz3d osd wasn't displayed in the emulator, so i had no idea about what convergence/separation settings i was using. I used small separation because of the game's heay wireframe rendering (it's difficult to focus in anaglyph)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

BlackShark wrote:since we were talking about emulators, i wanted to test something...
REZ on PS2 emulator pcsx2.
Oh sweet, I always wanted to play REZ in 3d, they should have brought that game out on the virtual boy!!!
mtb
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: iZ3D drivers with N64 emulators?

Post by mtb »

Okay, please help me. How do you emulate a N 64 in anaglyph? I have been trying to do this for a long time before I stumbled on this forum thread. I gathered you are using Project64, and that are viewing 3d images using anaglyph. I am quite knowledgeable with emulators, computers, and stereoscopic 3D and the like. I play Mario64 on n 64 emulators. Please help me. Is there a plugin for Project 64 that does this?

Thanks!
MTB
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

We use generic DirectX drivers to generate the 3D effect.

I've tried mario64 and starfox and it works (with some bugs but it works in 3D) tried pilotwings too but textures are missing with project64
I use the iZ3D driver and setup project64 to use DirectX 8 rendering

It should work with any other emulator provided that the video rendering plugin is based on DirectX 8 or DirectX 9.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
mtb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mtb »

Okay, but let me get this right. You're using special graphics card drivers to generate the 3D illusion? Are you using NVidia or ATI graphics cards? Where does the stereoscopic 3D come from?

~Mark
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I am using the iZ3D driver.
It is an application that works with both ati and nvidia graphics cards (did not test with intel gma chips but it could also work).

The iZ3D driver intercepts the directX 3D rendering pipeline and creates two cameras instead of one to render the stereoscopic 3D image. It is not an emulator specific plugin. It is called a "driver" but it is acutally a "DirectX hack" that works in a similar way to applications like FRAPS or gamecam. You start the driver before fireing up the emulator (or any 3D game), if your program uses directX to render 3D images, then the 3D driver can hook it and render the scenes in 3D.

The iZ3D driver works on windows XP 32/64 and windows vista 32/64, i did not test wine/linux.
If your emulator video plugin uses DirectX 7 or lower, or Open GL, the iZ3D driver won't be able to produce 3D.
It requires the video plugin to use either DirectX 8 or DirectX 9.
I use this driver and it works with project 64 using the directX8 based video plugin that comes with project64 (forgot the name, not at home right now)
you can find it at http://www.iZ3D.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nvidia also has a proprietary stereo-3D driver which requires an nvidia brand graphics card and windows vista.
since i do not have vista i cannot test this driver so i do not know if it works with emulators.
Passive 3D forever !
mtb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mtb »

Oh! Thank you! You've been a big help! :mrgreen:
mtb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mtb »

I installed the iZ3D drivers. enabled sterioscopic3d chose anaglyph. Everything looked fine. Try to run project64 in DX8. Black screen? is there something else I need to do? It runs fine in DX6 or opengl (without stereo obviously)...
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Try to see if it's the emulator or the 3D driver and update everything you can.

Is the emulator working in DX8 mode even with the 3d driver disabled ?
disable 3d driver and try again (you have to restart project 64 everytime you try)

is it the simple fact of having the 3D driver loaded to is is just 3d rendering ?
press the keypad "*" key to turn on/off 3D (use enable by hotkey mode, exactly the same as enable 3d mode just not turned on when application starts)

What graphics card do you have ? what graphics card driver version ? What 3d driver do you use ?
Passive 3D forever !
2umind
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 2umind »

I'm using Proj64 and you have to download either Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.3 DX9
or Glide 64 Napalm plugins for video in Proj64. I use Rice, it works for Most games really well, including Perfect dark. Also another really good thing to get is N-Rage's Direct Input plugin so you can emulate the anolog stick with your mouse. This works perfectly for games that you have to use the analog stick for. I've got Perfect Dark set up perfectly with the 3D and the analog simulator plugin. If anybody wants an idea of how to set up the configurations for these just PM me and I'll give you more info. I'm using the Free Anaglyph setting with Red and Blue Glasses, wish I could afford to by the shutter glasses activation and some glasses but the Red and Blue Glasses I have do work really well when I have the settings just right, and I notice almost no ghosting at all.
System specs:
CPU: 2.6GHz Intel i7 920 Quad Core
RAM: DDR3 1333MHz 9GB tripple channel
Video: Nvidia geForce 260 GTX oc PCI-e, 1.7GB Vram, latest 3D driver
MOBO: Dell XPS 9000
Mr0Propper
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mr0Propper »

I tried to use the iz3d anaglyph driver and project64, but it is not working and i got no idead why.

My system:
- Windows7 32 bit
- Directx 11
- ATI HD4890 graphic card
- the newest iz3d-driver (V1.10)
project64 (v1.6)
- video-plugins: Jabo_Direct3D8 (v1.0.0.1), Jabo_Direct3D6 (1.0.0.1) and Mudlord's Rice
Video Build 6.1.3 DX9 (all standard settings)
- tested games: zelda-ocarina of time and mario kart

Non of the plugins are working. Without 3d I can play the games but when I turn on the 3d-driver the screen stays black. Anyone got an idea what could be the problem?
Can you please post what plugins you are using and with which settings?
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

After getting a black screen, I've gotten Project64 to work by going to the DirectX settings and switching from the current DirectX plugin to another and then back to the original again.

Options>Settings>Plugins switch from one Jabo plugin to any other, click OK.

Do that again, but choose the plugin you want to really use this time and click OK.

Works everytime! :polarized
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

WheatstoneHolmes wrote:After getting a black screen, I've gotten Project64 to work by going to the DirectX settings and switching from the current DirectX plugin to another and then back to the original again.

Options>Settings>Plugins switch from one Jabo plugin to any other, click OK.

Do that again, but choose the plugin you want to really use this time and click OK.

Works everytime! :polarized
Might be this i once did to play with emus in 3d. I remember switching between different graphic plugins and at some occasion actually had mario64 running (with artifacts) in stereo. I've never succeeded lately but would love to try again. Thanks!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”