Now if this was 3-D "Age of Conan" 400,000 and cou

Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Now if this was 3-D "Age of Conan" 400,000 and cou

Post by Silversurfer »

Just imagine these graphics as against the "World of War Craft" graphics and severing limbs in 3-D?

Article:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/gizmodo/ ... 00000.html
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

bustincapps
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bustincapps »

Ive been able to play parts of the game in stereo 3d. The game is hard to run on my PC setup ....but from what i have seen has great potential. Ive had to turn down alot of the eye candy and can only use shader model 2 due the game punishing my hardware.

Im running an old AMD 64 3500 2.2 ghz with gig ram and nvid 7950 GT 256 mb on windows xp with 19" crt @ 1024x768 and edimms. Enabling stereo pretty much cuts the frames in half and is very unstable with the older drivers. The low detail texture range slider bugged some of the textures so had to be left at highest setting. Messing with the brightness/contrast/gamma also ruined the stereo effect.

From the small amount ive played in 3d the game looks very promising if u have the hardware to run AoC. My other rig is a core2dou OC'd @ 3 ghz with 4 G ram and nvid 8800 gts 320mb on vista 64 with 2d 1900x1200 lcd. With most eye candy on high in wide popultated areas i can run around with 30 fps and the game looks stunning. The next gen of single gpu cards from nvid are supposedly very potent although pricey but matched with an iz3d and new drivers sound exciting!

Would love to hear how other people with much better setups are enjoying the game in stereo. I have to admit its hard to enjoy all the gore in 3d while ur so busy mashing out melee combos!
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

bustincapps wrote:Ive been able to play parts of the game in stereo 3d. The game is hard to run on my PC setup ....but from what i have seen has great potential. Ive had to turn down alot of the eye candy and can only use shader model 2 due the game punishing my hardware.

Im running an old AMD 64 3500 2.2 ghz with gig ram and nvid 7950 GT 256 mb on windows xp with 19" crt @ 1024x768 and edimms. Enabling stereo pretty much cuts the frames in half and is very unstable with the older drivers. The low detail texture range slider bugged some of the textures so had to be left at highest setting. Messing with the brightness/contrast/gamma also ruined the stereo effect.

From the small amount ive played in 3d the game looks very promising if u have the hardware to run AoC. My other rig is a core2dou OC'd @ 3 ghz with 4 G ram and nvid 8800 gts 320mb on vista 64 with 2d 1900x1200 lcd. With most eye candy on high in wide popultated areas i can run around with 30 fps and the game looks stunning. The next gen of single gpu cards from nvid are supposedly very potent although pricey but matched with an iz3d and new drivers sound exciting!

Would love to hear how other people with much better setups are enjoying the game in stereo. I have to admit its hard to enjoy all the gore in 3d while ur so busy mashing out melee combos!

Thanks for getting back to us, I was beginning to think I was the only one who had heard of this game LOL. I am also using shutter glasses until I save my pennies for a 3-D LCD I wonder if it will be any different with my version of glasses? I'll probably play it in 2D anyway so I'll get back to you on that.

I'm just finding my feet with this 3-D setup but I believe that if you have vista and the iZ3-D drivers you can see how it's it would run on anaglyph mode?

Once again thank you for your setup 3-D views as I'm sure that many people like myself need to know how a visually intensive MMO affairs in 3-D as opposed to the less visually impressive “World of Warcraft”.

Cheers, Silversurfer
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

bustincapps
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bustincapps »

I also forgot to mention im running Nvid FW and 3d drivers 162.50.

Other games ive been able to run with above setup that i have not seen mentioned:

Orange Box
Call of Duty 4
Mafia
Sins of a Solar Empire
Star Wars Galaxies / Empire at War / Republic Commando/Battlefront
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War series
Crysis (cant remeber if i used this driver or another)
Medieval II/Rome Total War
Rise of Legends
Faces of War
Company of Heros
Black and White 2
Battle for Middle Earth 1/2
World in Conflict
Witcher
Halo
Fear
Hitman Blood Money
Guild Wars
Overlord

Ive also been able to get a few other games including the ones most have mentioned and others using different drivers like BF2/2142 and Bioshock. Lots of Tweaking and hair pulling to get these games to run LOL. A few of them required loss of HUD to get a good 3d effect but u can also get the dragon utility if u need a cross hair. Many of the newer games really put the smack down on my hardware too:P I can't wait to get a more modern s3d solution!

I did have a look at the new nvidia r200 series cards....retail is 650-699$ US/CAN lol.....unfortunately, although an engineering marvel a cheaper sli/dual gpu card solution will usually out perform the new single GPU 280. Untill dual out is enabled by nvidia during SLI x2/3/4 the 280 followed by the 8800gtx is the best current single GPU video solution for IZ3D LCDs. I believe that AMD's crossfire setups allow for dual output im not sure if testing has been done on all types of crossfire solutions. Scary stuff if i'd like to run games in stereo and trying to balance out FPS and high visual quality :P

I just got into S3D my self when i bought shutter glasses last december...its ruined 2d for me :P I dont think u will notice a diff between glassse aside from their ability to block light when polarised. All the glasses have to do is match the frequency of ur monitor set by nvid drivers.

If u do switch to the more recent drivrs (162.50 and others)be aware of having to change the UI registry inorder to enable all the stereo options in the nvidia control panel.

GL if u try Age of Conan in 3d...i hope it runs better in 3d for u. Happy Slashing!
bustincapps
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bustincapps »

I think u should try AoC in 3d ...u have a much better chance of playing in 3d with better hardware than i do on my 3d rig!
If u have any problems lemme know.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Just to clear up what bustincapps said,

iZ3D is supported by CrossfireX only, not Crossfire. CrossfireX is their next-gen version of Crossfire. Implemented first on the 3870.

The old Crossfire only supports one output
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Thank you for your comprehensive list, looks like I've got a lot of games to try out in 3-D. As well as AoC I just got hold of Codemasters "The Grid" as I'm a bit of a racing car simulator nut, but I'm really struggling to find the time to try it let alone do review if Neil is up for it.
Untill dual out is enabled by nvidia during SLI x2/3/4 the 280 followed by the 8800gtx is the best current single GPU video solution for IZ3D LCDs.
I wonder if the Zalman monitor and the 9800GX2 sli or the brand-new gx 280 works out of the box but I believe NVIDIA is only supporting Zalman monitors from now on? I know that consensus is that the IZ3D LCDs are the way to go but I can't help holding back until we see what NVIDIA does with the brand-new GPUs and Zalman, what do you guys think?

Cheers

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”