Sceptre E325BV-HD 32" LED backlit Passive 3DTV awesome deal.

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
Crow550
One Eyed Hopeful

Sceptre E325BV-HD 32" LED backlit Passive 3DTV awesome deal.

Post by Crow550 »

More info: http://www.sceptre.com/Products/LEDTV/S ... inPage.htm

Works pretty good so far. Using it for my PC. :woot Has good reviews at NewEgg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... =u00000687 and Wal-Mart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-32-E3 ... D/19527750 Got it for a good price on sale for around $330. Decide.com helped.

Looked up the company and reviews on other products they offer. Seem to have mostly positive reviews.

Any settings work best for passive displays? Any must have programs to use on a PC? iZ3D or Tridef? Both?

Thanks!

The company also said the firmware is upgradeable too. They are quick to respond too.
Last edited by Crow550 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Sceptre E325BV-HD 32" LED backlit Passive 3D as Monitor.

Post by cybereality »

You should be able to use the Stereoscopic Player for videos, and also the IZ3D or DDD drivers for gaming. You just have to set it to horizontal interlace mode.
Crow550
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Sceptre E325BV-HD 32" LED backlit Passive 3D as Monitor.

Post by Crow550 »

Cool.

Should I still get iZ3D? I mean aren't they trying to open source or whatever? So should I wait till June?

TriDef3D seems cool but has a lack of game support and mod support. Also the Steam overlay doesn't work. Can't seem to play in Left 4 Dead 2 servers. Get some VAC error about having to turn off a plug in. Doesn't happen with iZ3D.

Stereoscopic Player? The one with TriDef or the one with iZ3D or is that something else. Still browsing the forums.

The player with TriDef works pretty good but lacks some features I am use too with VLC. Would be nice if I could use it with web video and choose which media player. I think it works better than my displays 2D-3D.

Trying to figure this out. Sorta new to this. Checking out the displays features and PC software and such.

Seeing what things I should e-mail Sceptre about as the people at tech support said the firmware is upgradeable.
Crow550
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Sceptre E325BV-HD 32" LED backlit Passive 3DTV awesome d

Post by Crow550 »

If anyone finds the EDID useful. Here it is Sceptres E325BV-FHDD/E320BV-FHDD: http://www.2shared.com/file/EleIj3mY/Sc ... -FHDD.html
KydDynoMyte
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by KydDynoMyte »

Can you confirm if the circular polarized passive glasses like you get at the movies "Real3D" work on this tv?
Crow550
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Crow550 »

KydDynoMyte wrote:Can you confirm if the circular polarized passive glasses like you get at the movies "Real3D" work on this tv?
Yeah. That's what I'm currently using.
Crow550
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Crow550 »

I should update that I did end up returning this set which was fine if you can sit far enough back. However at 32" compared to my 27" I noticed more ghosting effect which wasn't noticeable when sitting far enough back but then reaching the Keyboard & Mouse was an issue. Plus I then figured it would be more worth it to get a bigger screen.

So I ended up running my PC to my room with a 50ft RedMere HDMI + 49ft Male to Female Active USB cable to a 47" LG Passive set which I can sit far enough from it. Epic. :D

However if you can still find this set for cheap and can give yourself enough distance it's not bad. I just couldn't get the screen back far enough. It was too close. ;)

Return to “3D HDTVs”