Looking for Zalman ZM-M220W

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
mm0zct
Cross Eyed!

Looking for Zalman ZM-M220W

Post by mm0zct »

I already own one of these 22" monitors and think it's great, however I want to expand my setup into a 3x1 eyefinity setup and can no longer locate any of these monitors. I am happy to go with second hand ones (as I'm pretty sure there are no new ones left anywhere) so I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas where to go looking (or had got fed up with your own)? I am in the UK.

Other 3D monitors aren't really an option because of the resolution of the zalman, the eyefinity will only work if all the interlaced displays have the same resolution, and the modern displays are 1920x1080, not 1680x1050. I also really like the build and design of the monitor I have, the newer versions don't look nearly as well made.

Any help greatly appreciated,
Cheers.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Looking for Zalman ZM-M220W

Post by cybereality »

Sorry, they haven't made that model in years and they are very hard to come by. Supposedly Zalman is bringing out new models at some point, with better viewing angles, so maybe wait til those come out and buy 3 of them. Or just get 3 of some other passive monitor. I see there is one Zalman on eBay now, but it will probably be either expensive or a hassle to find another.

Also, are you certain that Eyefinity will work with 3 Zalmans in 3D?
mm0zct
Cross Eyed!

Re: Looking for Zalman ZM-M220W

Post by mm0zct »

I thought that would be the likely result, I'll just wait until the newer crop of passive displays come out. Eyefinity can work with the interlaced displays because the iz3d and tridef middleware see the eyefinity display as one large surface, and render the stereo output interlaced to that. Since the monitors have the same vertical resolution and interlacing pattern for the 3d polarisation it should "just work". Obviously performance will be poor without a serious graphics card or a rather old game, but by the time there are new monitors out the latest crop of AMD cards should cope.

There's a youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm0MyJmD ... ature=plcp which shows it kindof working, but I plan to test it with my current setup before I fork out (connect 2 connections to the zalman and one to another monitor to make it go into eyefinity, and check the centre and outer images on the zalman look right).

I'll try this later in the week and report back if it does properly work.

Return to “3D Monitors”