Google Project Glass HMD

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Google Project Glass HMD

Post by PalmerTech »

brantlew
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Google Project Glass HMD

Post by brantlew »

Great. And I thought people that sit there texting all the time were annoying. I can't wait to hang out with a bunch of a-holes muttering to themselves constantly. :roll:
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

brantlew wrote:Great. And I thought people that sit there texting all the time were annoying. I can't wait to hang out with a bunch of a-holes muttering to themselves constantly. :roll:
Yeah, just wait until they hook the cellphone up to the central nervous system, then you wont even hear them muttering :D
bobv5
Certif-Eyed!

Post by bobv5 »

This will be amazing if it turns out how Google hope it will. Apple, Sony, various cheapo Android makers, all competing to make the best HMD? Sounds good to me!
"If you have a diabolical mind, the first thing that probably came to mind is that it will make an excellent trap: how do you get off a functional omni-directional treadmill?"
blzd1
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by blzd1 »

I'm guessing this somehow connects wirelessly to the internet?

So when can we expect this to hit the market? Will it be vaporwear for years or maybe available by christmas? Maybe a sneak peak at next CES? Oh yeah, and how much would you guys pay for these?

These are the coolest AR glasses I have seen.
blzd1
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by blzd1 »

brantlew wrote:Great. And I thought people that sit there texting all the time were annoying. I can't wait to hang out with a bunch of a-holes muttering to themselves constantly. :roll:
No worse than listening to people on cell phones except maybe it will be a bit more random and abrupt sounding.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

This looks awesome. I would say they should be $499 or less, assuming they interface with your existing smart-phone. If they are replacing phones, then maybe they will cost more or they will have a 2 year contract thing or something. Still, looks very cool and I'm glad to see a big name like Goggle seriously interested in this.

The future is not so far away.
blzd1
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by blzd1 »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/23/techn ... .html?_r=2

"What’s next? Perhaps throngs of people in thick-framed sunglasses lurching down the streets, cocking and twisting their heads like extras in a zombie movie.

That’s because later this year, Google is expected to start selling eyeglasses that will project information, entertainment and, this being a Google product, advertisements onto the lenses."
Johnny-Mnemonic
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Johnny-Mnemonic »

I found this version of the video more realistic :mrgreen:

[youtube-hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mRF0rBXIeg[/youtube-hd]
Oculus Rift, Vuzix Wrap 920 AR!, Vuzix VR920, Liquid Image MRG 2.2, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, Microsoft Kinect, TrackIR5, 2 x Hillcrest Labs Freespace tracker, Fujifilm finepix real 3d w3, GeForce 9800GT 1Gb, GeForce GT 430 1Gb, DELL XPS 17 l702x with GeForce 555 GT 3Gb, and good-old VFX1 setup
brantlew
Petrif-Eyed

Post by brantlew »

Ha! That's hilarious.. :lol:
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

HahahahAHAhAHAHAH!!!!!!
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

That is SO what it will be like really :)
jayoh
Cross Eyed!

Post by jayoh »

bobv5
Certif-Eyed!

Post by bobv5 »

You mean you guys don't use noscript? ;)
"If you have a diabolical mind, the first thing that probably came to mind is that it will make an excellent trap: how do you get off a functional omni-directional treadmill?"

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”