iz3d/tridef 3d on triple monitor nvidia?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
hifidelitygaming
One Eyed Hopeful

iz3d/tridef 3d on triple monitor nvidia?

Post by hifidelitygaming »

Is there anything in the 3d drivers of iz3d or tridef's DDD which would for some reason stand in the way of or interfere with an otherwise working triplehead display on the nvidia side? Is anyone else successfully using such a system?

My current setup (not yet tested) is a pair of GTX260's and edimensional wired LCD glasses with an analog VGA box (i assume i would run this on the center monitor/maybe it doesnt matter? hopefully outputs are synced to crt's?) going to a triad of CRT's, and which i'd eventually like to go to a triad of 120hz low end DLP projectors (ie 1024x768).

I was told the edimensional glasses wont work with the new nvidia driver, that their drivers require the modern 3d vision glasses. (however those 3d vision glasses wont work with older games, so they are ONLY for playing newer titles) I'm wanting to taste 3d a bit more on modern games before dumping $100 plus on the newer glasses.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: iz3d/tridef 3d on triple monitor nvidia?

Post by cybereality »

Try getting a hold of "The_Nephilim" on this forum. He had a triple projector setup with the old Nvidia drivers. But honestly I think there were a lot of problems with it.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey All,

Yes I was using 3 DLP Monitors with 2 7950GT vid cards with the 162.50 Drivers.. Now I had to use the Matrox TH2Go but it worked in Triplescreen mode and in 3D..

I also had to mod the registry to get the OLD Control panel using the 162.50 drivers but it is easy to do..

I was also using Windows XP at the time NOT sure if it will work with Vista or Win 7.. But XP it worked NO Problems..Well as long as the game had TripleScreen support and could run on a 7950GT..

Which most games even some newer ones like Arma Ran fine..

Well if you need more specific Info like what to Mod in the registry setting for the nVidia drivers let me know or if you want to get any game I can try and help you out..

Also in another thread I was able to get the Old EDimensional wired3D Glasses working on my MORE Modern system..with Win 7 and a i5 with 2 480GTX vid cards..

All I had to do was use the Old ED Dongle, I also need to use the ED Activator to TURN ON the ED Glasses..

So if you would want to play some more MODERN Games with a newer system you can also go that route..

Well I hope I explained myself well. if you have any questions just post them here I'll keep checking this thread..

Good Luck and your Gonna LOVE TripleHead Gaming in S3D..

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 0&start=15
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
hifidelitygaming
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hifidelitygaming »

So waitassec... it should be possible to use edimensional wired glasses, triple CRT's, and newer video cards then? (assumedly with iz3d or DDD since nvidia abandoned general support)

Do the three screens maintain sync properly if there's only one dongle on like the center screen? (note CRT's, not LCD's)

Or put another way... the ED software just turns on the glasses, do iz3d or DDD need any special recognition of what glasses are attached or do you just tell it to output 120hz shutter fields... and their 3d layer is I assume separate from whatever Nvidia is doing, so it should otherwise recognize what it thinks is a 2d surround resolution fine?

If all I have to do is buy iz3d or DDD to make this all work i'd be very happy - I don't particularily want to spend $100-200 for nvidia's glasses which literally do nothing unique over what I already have, and don't even work in older games properly anyway. It also might let me watch 3d video on the newer cards/newer OS...
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Guig2000 »

It should work is the 3 screens are correctly synchronized. The nvidia surround or AMD eyefinity should do that correctly.
You have to know that iZ3D will not work with D3D10/11 applications if you use a nvidia graphic card (exept if you use forcewares olders than 275).
in any case, iZ3D or DDD driver will not communicate with glasses, so you will have to use edim activator and eventually have to swap left/right or to resync the glasses.

Combined with iZ3D or DDD interlaced output, it wil work for windows XP, Vista and seven and with any brand of graphic card but maybe you will need one eDim dongle per screen in order to force the correct video mode.

For windows vista and seven, if AMD HD3D react correctly with crts, you should use it.
If it don't works or have a nvidia graphic card, only iZ3D shutter output can give you full resolution 3D but only on windows seven and D3D9 games.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”