The Witcher

MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

The Witcher

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Hi guys,

I asked about what I am going to write here allready in the iz3d beta driver thread, but I think it did not really got to anyone with helping knowledge :(

My problem: The witcher starts with the new dual output mode only displaying on one display (that is a well known problem if you do not set your screen to dual view but e.g. horizontal span). However every other game works with these current settings I use though I strongly doubt that its those setting causing this. Furthermore the actual driver seems to work in game because the view actually shifts when hitting *. Its just missing the second screen ???

Does anyone else can test this please? Is it happeing on an iz3d monitor too? Is it the new drivers? I know that somebody tried the witcher with the monitor allready and it worked very well (supposedly atleast; there is a thread on the iz3d forum about this game at to that time it seem to work)

Thanky you a lot
Antony
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

I have the Witcher installed, use an iZ3D monitor and it works very well with the new beta drivers. I'm not totally sure I understand your question. Are you trying to get an anaglyph game working through two monitors with dual view?
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I don't think he used Anaglyph - but it might be a good Idea. Try with anaglyph, to see if it's a problem of the driver in general, or just of the output method...
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Hi, first of all thanks for the answers.

I dont think it is a problem with the driver, because it does work (and now here it comes:) MOST of the time.
I tried different output modes and they seem to work and I tried different games - both in XP and Vista - and they worked as well in all modes,

and I tried different games which used to work and now show the same effect. Only one of the two monitors in dual view (the primary one) shows the game. Hitting * works too, meaning the view shifts, but that is no use without the second image ofcourse. E.g. Portal (from Halflife) sometimes starts with two screens, sometimes with only one like the wichter?

My suspicion is that the ativation protection (the locking mechanism) isn#t working correctly meaning even when it is supposed to not show yet it still is somewhat functioning in the backround.

So to round up, in a way it is the driver, it is just not the processing and creation of the s3d effect, its the output modes (mainly the propriteray dual output mode) which causes problems. And it seems not only for me, since other confirmed this in the beta driver thread.

So I guess its not the game and this thread is not really in the right place anymore :)

Cu in the beta driver thread, thanks again
cheers Antony
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

I have displacement of some images many times (walls, houses, etc) while all the rest are well placed. It seem to have relation with cursor or hud elements. Any way to solve?.
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

I can confirm the displacement issue, even for the enhanced version of the game. Switching options to low or off doesn't help.
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Re: The Witcher

Post by distantreader »

I've also have the Enhanced version of Witcher and liked the in game atmosphere, pretty involved and the cinematic sequences were really well done.

At first S3D effect in optimized anaglyph mode was quite good but then I found my eyes went nuts with castle's walls behind the characters. It shimmered whenever the camera moved before settling back down and while doing that it broke the S3D effect. I wonder what kind of post processing this is and can it be turned off ? I've tried the 'distant' thing but that didn't fix it. As the game stands currently it's a waste of my downloading 4GB of the Enhanced patch and still can't play the damn game.

D.R.
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

UPDATE:

Decided to have new post instead of just editing - maybe more helpful to gamers - info about games - so that it will actually show in the new post list.

Anyway, to avoid the shimmering/shuffling that can drive your eyes nuts I just keep the camera angle at eye level, avoid looking up too much and the graphics are alright, displacements are also reduced dramatically by not looking up unnecessary and doing that doesn't have any detrimental effect to gameplay.

This is one hell of a game, I'm currently playing 5 games, Tomb Raider Underworld, Prince of Persia 08, Gothic 3, Oblivion, and The Witcher EE, and the Witcher is taking over all the free time I got. Storyline is pulling you in like no other games can. Gameworld is extremely immersive in its design, there are different separation/convergences for cutscenes but with presets they can be dealt with. In game, S-3D with 1.09 driver is very good if not excellent. Perfect for holidays, highly recommended for all types of gamers.

DR
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

well, with 1.10 beta drivers, there is no more displacement, so the game gets a AAA rating for stereo compatibility.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”