3D Display Help?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
GreatScott2015
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Display Help?

Post by GreatScott2015 »

I am fed up with LG's customer support for the D2342P (23" 3D Monitor). It appears as if they don't make the correct glasses for the monitor. I'm not sure if I should return it and get a Playstation 3D Display, which is now $300 at Best Buy with two pairs of glasses and two games, or get more expensive non-LG glasses that might not work. I'm also thinking about getting an AOC 3D Monitor for only $250. The monitor has Tridef included and has built in speakers unlike the LG Monitor. I'm a little hesitant with the AOC monitor because it is not a large brand, so the support might not be good if anything does go wrong. The Playstation 3D Display doesn't include Tridef so it isn't the best for my PC 3D gaming needs.
AOC- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AOC+-+23%26 ... &cp=1&lp=2
Playstation 3D Display- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PS3+3D+Disp ... &lp=1&cp=1
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 3D Display Help?

Post by cybereality »

Personally I'd probably go with the PS display, if the 3D looks anywhere near as good as the high-end Sony HDTVs (which are great). I also feel like the quality of 1080P active 3D is nicer than passive in a lot of cases. I'd also think Sony would have better support, and it might be a better fit if you plan to use this for the PS3. Not so sure about the AOC, but maybe its a decent product.
GreatScott2015
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by GreatScott2015 »

I got the Playstation 3D Display and it looks amazing on the PS3. Since I want to use the 3d on the PC, which software should I get? iZ3D or Tridef. IZ3D is cheaper with the Radeon 5000 discount, but on the gamegrade 3d there are a lot more working games on Tridef than on iZ3D.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

TriDef has better support now for recent games. The iz3Ds is still good for older games though (since they have not updated the driver in almost a year).

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”