WIRKS

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Frogztar
One Eyed Hopeful

WIRKS

Post by Frogztar »

Hi Guys,

What do you think of this: http://www.vizapps.com/ ?
brantlew
Petrif-Eyed

Re: WIRKS

Post by brantlew »

Well let's see...

$800 HMT-T1
$150 Kinect
$100 Head Tracker
--------------------
$1050

So the difference of $1940 is all for the "Vizard VR" software. I have no idea what it is but the software demos they show are not terribly impressive to me.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well the price isn't crazy, depending on how good their software is. For example, the Unity engine will run around $1,500 for the pro license and you still have to code the tracking solutions yourself. So provided its a good framework, then it could be worth it to certain people. Personally, I'd rather hack together something custom, but I could see the appeal of a turn-key solution.
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

Vizard has fantastic software, so this is definitely a great deal for some people.

Curious, though, if the license you get only gives you Kinect/HMZ-T1 support, or support for the vast array of other hardware Vizard supports. That is where the real value is.
Frogztar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Frogztar »

Thats what I'm thinking too, maybe a software platform to build VR programs
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

It says that this version of the software has a watermark, possibly limited in other ways, so its not the full package.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”