HMZ-T1 & FreeTrack

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
NoRC
One Eyed Hopeful

HMZ-T1 & FreeTrack

Post by NoRC »

So, only just got my HMZ-T1 yesterday and wow I love it!

However I really wanted to have head tracking, but after reading these forums a fair bit I ended up downloading FreeTrack.

Wow, that software is brilliant! I play alot of Planet Calypso (Entropia Universe) and really wanted to have head tracking when I played it.

All of 2minutes of playing around with FreeTrack and I had it use the blue light on the visor to track my head movements and relay it to the mouse, then in EU turned on Mouse Look.

I didnt really understand why the HMZ didn't have headtracking, but now I do... it saves on cost and the blue light is very effective to use for tracking.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: HMZ-T1 & FreeTrack

Post by CyberVillain »

NoRC wrote:So, only just got my HMZ-T1 yesterday and wow I love it!

However I really wanted to have head tracking, but after reading these forums a fair bit I ended up downloading FreeTrack.

Wow, that software is brilliant! I play alot of Planet Calypso (Entropia Universe) and really wanted to have head tracking when I played it.

All of 2minutes of playing around with FreeTrack and I had it use the blue light on the visor to track my head movements and relay it to the mouse, then in EU turned on Mouse Look.

I didnt really understand why the HMZ didn't have headtracking, but now I do... it saves on cost and the blue light is very effective to use for tracking.
You only get 2 DOF though, and translation will be decoded as rotation... I would get a 3 point clip if i were you. I bought the 3 point model from TrackIR, and mounted it to the HMZ ghetto style with ties

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”