Optimism

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Optimism

Post by WiredEarp »

CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Optimism

Post by CyberVillain »

The sad part is that someone will probably pick it up
fireslayer26
Cross Eyed!

Post by fireslayer26 »

I just saw that the other day and laughed my ass off!!!!!
www.abcliveit.com Change your life! PM for details
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

TOO funny!, you guys have brains like me, Im glad im not the only one that saw this. But sometimes I text my options to certain ebay sellers and I did as well with this seller.
Asked him where in Gods world did you come up with a price like that for a black box with books and a Vr device that sells for $30 and call it a VR demo Kit.. Funny thing is he has more then 1 for sale.

Hopefully it is a typO and was suppose to be $4.75 plus shipping..

Ltr
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

WTF!?!?! Thats a P5 glove and what looks like a charger for a digital camera. How is that VR, and how is that worth more than $50?
Frogztar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Frogztar »

Seriously? Thats just a P5 powerglove, I picked one up for $5 three years ago and it is pretty rubbish - the wiimote and gyromouse have better tracking. the rest looks like a battery charger, a few dodgy DVD's and a camera manual. $4750?? W.... T.... F....
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

If somebody bought it, I'll post up my VR suit for USD 5k.
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

They responded back to me with thanks for the honesty feedback, they are a huge projector company and Vr is out of thier fields. They will post more of a decription which wasn't there to begin with and drop the price. She did laugh prob because I responded the way I did, I kinda did it in a nice are u crazy way!
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

Yeah the P5 glove is good but only for the finger movements etc. You need a different tracker for it to be useable (optical, Hydra, etc).

If someone buys this, look for a suitcase full of LOTS of old VR junk from me for $5k! :)

Loved the camera charger thrown in...
Frogztar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Frogztar »

I think they may have had a few messages since this post. I get this reply:

"I know. I apologize. I'm not trying to rip anyone off. I simply posted it for our cost. I will be reviewing the system and re-posting it with more photos and details about everything included. We specialize in projectors so this is a little out of my realm and I believe I posted it too quickly. Please check back with us if you have any interest. It will be a fair price and more details.

Dana"

Nice to see some honesty at least :)

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”