FreeTrack 2.1 source

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

FreeTrack 2.1 source

Post by WiredEarp »

Does anyone have the source code for TrackIR 2.1 they can send me? Their SVN server seems to be down.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: FreeTrack 2.1 source

Post by CyberVillain »

WiredEarp wrote:Does anyone have the source code for TrackIR 2.1 they can send me? Their SVN server seems to be down.
Its been down for more than a week :/ I need the code too for the TrackIR plugin.
Out of curiosity what do you want it for?
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

TrackIR plugin :) Just stuffing around with the Hydra SDK atm.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

WiredEarp wrote:TrackIR plugin :) Just stuffing around with the Hydra SDK atm.
Cool, yeah, we need more plugins for FreePIE :D
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

The source is up

https://camil.dyndns.org/svn/freetrack/tags/V2.2/

edit: my brother is currently looking at a TracKIR plugin, I do not know the status of his progress.. So you dint do any double job
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

Yeah, sorry, I should have been clearer, not writing a FreePIE TrackIR plugin, just want to whip up something basic that pumps data from the Hydra directly to a TrackIR interface.
Once I have that going sweet, I'll look into splitting it into a FreePIE Hydra plugin (and maybe a TrackIR plugin if no-one has released a TIR plugin by then).

EDIT: thanks for the Freetrack heads up. I've fuond out that if you wish to get the older versions, the login/pw is anon/anon.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

I think you are better off with the FaceTrackNOIR C version, I had a look at the FreeTrack Delphi version, what a language, I couldn't find any solid code related to TrackIR :D
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

I think the TrackIR code is only in V2.1 - they removed it in V2.2. Were you looking in the 2.2 codebase by any chance?

It seems that anon/anon login has stopped working for 2.1 again. I installed SVN and went to get the 2.1 code but it no longer accepts that login. Should have just grabbed the files using my browser ;-(

Will have a look at the FaceTrackNoIR version as well, its always good to get a look at a few different implementations.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

What they removed in 2.2 was the support for the TrackIR camera, but the fake trackir server is still there.... I have the 2.2 source localy at home if you want it...

Edit: come to think about, it strange they demanded the camera support removed and not the fake TIR server, the camera ownser have paid for the prodcut but the ones using the fake tir server probaly has freetrack or other tracker.. :)
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Here is a FaceTrackNoIR port of the read part
This code can not read from Freetrack, it reads from GlovePIE but the data is all wrong. please try it out

edit: what is strange is that the position is correct, if i write to Yaw yaw is what i get but the data is not correct
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nrp
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by nrp »

If anyone grabs the latest source the next time it's around, it's probably worth putting it up on GitHub. It makes branching/forking/collaborating/merging/sharing source rediculously easy. They have a guide for how to import from SVN: http://help.github.com/import-from-subversion/
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

My brother and I are a little closer to understand how this works, Naturalpoint have really tried to make it really hard to emulate their interface (Even with the unencryped version).. For somereason it works sometimes, but most of the cases it doesnt work. I thnk we are missing some kind of hand shake between client and server

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”