Debating the quality of the HMZ-T1

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Debating the quality of the HMZ-T1

Post by ancjob »

Moderator note: This topic is split off from the "Sony HMD is real!" topic, since it was making information hard to find there. -palmertech
pierreye wrote:
CyberVillain wrote:I collect 12" high end action figures (I know, dont get me started :D) anyway, I started a thread on my action figure forum abut the HMZ.. Its pretty fun reading, look at my conversation with a guy called ProgMatinee on page 3, funny stuff...

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forum ... p?t=106467" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another guy that just blast out their opinion without facts. In fact, he mentioned trying to google for any info on HMD long term effects on the eyes but turn out nothing but still blasting HMD will make you blind. This world are full of arsehole.

PS: Anyone read the fine print in Sony product liability that mention that Sony is not responsible if HMZ-T1 make you blind? :lol:
pierreye @ - this is what happens when u purchase an 'expensive' crap even from the brands like Sony - feel cheated right ! stupid moron ! so using profane language! and hence staring the war of 'WORDS'

do remember that Sony never cajoled u into buying - u'd have used ur head if u ever inherited that from your parents!

i can tell by the 'look' of this thing that this not what i want - a f**king helmet to do what Gaming - pooh!

lemme tell u - you are going out of the way to make yourself look like 'Dork' just to make Sony HMZ 'workable' , instead you 'd hang the computer monitors on ur head and put the tracker right where you piss from for 'tracking' - that way saving yourself of 'adult' thing u have not yet matured into doing yet! - Dork!

summary : anyone purchasing HMZ in it's present state will have either a lot of money to squander or 'brain tumor' - and those who have purchased HMZ already sometimes rant like u - they even forget where to piss from and so use their mouth for something it 's not designed for :lol:

wise men like me will shun it and wait for something better :lol: already have the best - emagin Z00 and headplay so no hurry for me !

pierreye @ get a life pal or end up in a mental facility ! Dork
Last edited by ancjob on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:20 am, edited 19 times in total.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: The Sony HMD is real!

Post by WiredEarp »

Actually, ancjob, that ProgMatinee guy reminded me a lot of you.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

WiredEarp wrote:Actually, ancjob, that ProgMatinee guy reminded me a lot of you.

ProgMatinee was right that these thing affect eyes why the hell you have to take it off every 15-20 min...
at least eMagin is way better - i use it all day - no eye strain whatsoever but yes i wanted better colors - still no complaints now after realizing that even the Sony 'd NOT beat that design with all it's might :D [ and a used Z800 commands more than the crappy new HMZ sells for]

WiredEarp - may be u r feeling frustrated being cheated by a brand as well ?

my advice - if u purchased HMZ in it's present form dispose it off ASAP , u will still get a good price or 'piss' from ur mouth the rest of your life! just like our frustrated / retarded pal - pierreye, the Dork using profane words to vent out his frustration with Sony 'thing'
Last edited by ancjob on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

The fine print is just a joke. I don't see any such clause in the manual. If you don't have a sense of humor, stop trolling this thread. We know you hate Sony HMZ-T1 and why the hell you keep asking question that no one even bother to answer?

The arsehole I refer to is the other guy but those of the same kind will feel the insult.
Last edited by pierreye on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

pierreye wrote:The fine print is just a joke. I don't see any such clause in the manual. If you don't have a sense of humor, stop trolling this thread. We know you hate Sony HMZ-T1 and why the hell you keep asking question that no one even bother to answer?
1)also why use profanity for anyone - that comes back to you - Dork!

Dork - if you do not wanna answer why crib....let others help if they want to ! u r not the only one with that Sony poop !

BTW - i still laugh at your 'stupid' video - it's in my collection with those 'charlie chaplin' movies for a hearty laughter - my friends say that's what the 'Dorks' look like.....'dickheads in action' :lol: even they secured a link from me for their occasional hearty laughs !

so you have become a 'world phenomenon' for a hearty laughter now they play your video in Yoga centers in INDIA ! :lol: for 'Laughter therapy'

So when is the sequel due ? Dork! keep them coming the best one to watch for effortless hearty laughter - hehehe
Last edited by ancjob on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

ancjob wrote:can anybody advice as to how the HDMI on sony HMD communicates with HDMI of vista/win 7 laptop for gaming / movies ......

does HDMI of laptop automatically send the resolution to HDMI of sony when the boot screen comes up [just like in generic plug'n'play monitors] changing resolution from 640x480 to max resolution[ Native resolution supportable by HMD-monitor) as the laptop loads windows.....?

OR

one has to wait for the windows to load fully and manually configure resolution to send to Sony HMD....?

i am asking this becoz my headplay when connected via VGA to my nettop [Asrock ion 3D-win Vista HP] loads resolution auto from 640x480@60Hz [boot screen of nettop loading] and then finally 800x600@75Hz [native] all automatic - i manually change the resolution to 1024x768 in windows when windows is loaded completely.... so will the same happen exactly in case of sony HMD with auto resolution setting via HDMI.....
Nuff said! Podah!
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

pierreye wrote:
ancjob wrote:can anybody advice as to how the HDMI on sony HMD communicates with HDMI of vista/win 7 laptop for gaming / movies ......

does HDMI of laptop automatically send the resolution to HDMI of sony when the boot screen comes up [just like in generic plug'n'play monitors] changing resolution from 640x480 to max resolution[ Native resolution supportable by HMD-monitor) as the laptop loads windows.....?

OR

one has to wait for the windows to load fully and manually configure resolution to send to Sony HMD....?

i am asking this becoz my headplay when connected via VGA to my nettop [Asrock ion 3D-win Vista HP] loads resolution auto from 640x480@60Hz [boot screen of nettop loading] and then finally 800x600@75Hz [native] all automatic - i manually change the resolution to 1024x768 in windows when windows is loaded completely.... so will the same happen exactly in case of sony HMD with auto resolution setting via HDMI.....
Nuff said! Podah!
1)ok so what - Does it make it a crime to cite sony example to clarify the question

2)who asked u to use profanity calling someone Ars''''''ole

3)Dork ! you are NOT the only one with that sony poop! and not obliged to answer if you do not want to

4)do not pride yourself that you own Sony crap - you were just the guinea pig tested for sony's experiment....to test the market, they never cajoled anybody to buy

5) lastly - if no one can help answering the question - no issues - i said i will test it myself the hard way by buying the LED LCD TV from a brand for my asrock ion 3D to exploit it's full potential
but it's surprising a simple question is so difficult to answer since the guys here talk a lot of stuff . :lol:

been on this forum for a long time i know what to look for while buying the tech stuff - thanks to mtbs3d

BTW - i still do believe that using the HMDs too much [if they are not z800s] may cause eye-damage whether this pisses anybody off or not i do not care
my precautions :
1)HMDs for 'unsharable' stuff -15-20 min break [if not using emagin]
2)and tablets and regular LED LCD for 'sharable' stuff for normal viewing
3)Games - wanna try horror games since no headset being good enough so staying away from let 's see if cinemizer OLED / st1080 is gonna make me try -waiting for now
space123321
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by space123321 »

All I know is that I will be picking up my HMZ-T1 next week and can't wait! The modifications, scripts and work that is being down here has brought a new excitement to VR that was lost years ago. I thank all for their effects and can't wait to get my hands on my own 'Sony Crap' lol!
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

ancjob, there is one question coming back to me all the time, exactly how many times did your mommy drop you on the head when you were a baby?
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

CyberVillain wrote:ancjob, there is one question coming back to me all the time, exactly how many times did your mommy drop you on the head when you were a baby?
CyberVillain @ - do you remember how many times you were (dropped)......? :lol:
i guess you do - wanna share the secret with us :D
Last edited by ancjob on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

space123321 wrote:All I know is that I will be picking up my HMZ-T1 next week and can't wait! The modifications, scripts and work that is being down here has brought a new excitement to VR that was lost years ago. I thank all for their effects and can't wait to get my hands on my own 'Sony Crap' lol!

my best wishes with you preying that you do not become what pierreye has , ranting and showing 'funny' photos and video of the work he has done so far on the Sony poop[the f**king helmet] over which i cannot do nothing but laugh...:lol:

i prefer to waste usd799 on something that's a 'bang' for the buck and makes me real happy! and none 'adult' as well - :lol:
Last edited by ancjob on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
space123321

Post by space123321 »

What do you have against what he has posted - I have never been a huge fan of FPS games (mostly because I suck lol) , however the script alone (without the use of the HMD) is outstanding... I had all of the pieces around the house, and after piecing it all together it is very immersive and way more accurate and fun than playing with a mouse. I have had numerous HMD's ranging from Virtual IO, V6, Vusix, to z800 to cybermaxx.... so what if I want to try the HMZ... and personally can't wait to try out the work that Pierreye has done on Skyrim...

Once again I thank all of the hard work that several key individuals are doing to progressing things - and hopefully they do not take the bashing of one to heart.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

space123321 wrote:What do you have against what he has posted - I have never been a huge fan of FPS games (mostly because I suck lol) , however the script alone (without the use of the HMD) is outstanding... I had all of the pieces around the house, and after piecing it all together it is very immersive and way more accurate and fun than playing with a mouse. I have had numerous HMD's ranging from Virtual IO, V6, Vusix, to z800 to cybermaxx.... so what if I want to try the HMZ... and personally can't wait to try out the work that Pierreye has done on Skyrim...

Once again I thank all of the hard work that several key individuals are doing to progressing things - and hopefully they do not take the bashing of one to heart.
why do not we all agree that sony HMD is a poop in it's present avatar....making mods , mounting all the crap does justify indeed that Sony made a 'crap' and all u buying it , the guinea pigs for the experiment's sake

unless sony makes real changes to ergonomics [read comfort] - i do not wanna be a guinea pig !
Sony's inability to make a perfect HMD makes z800 the undisputed king....for me comfort comes first then anything else......what's the use of HD OLEDS and all the 'nice' specs when that 'thing' cannot be worn for 30 min without giving headaches.......all the mods people making out are BS!

i have yet to come across an HMD which has the ergonomics of z800 and pic Q of headplay...

let's see what cinemizer OLED and st1080 do if they can break the jinx.....

shame on u Sony !
Last edited by ancjob on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
space123321

Post by space123321 »

It seems to me you have it out for Sony for releasing a sub par HMD... so I am still not clear why you would bash others for attempting to better Sony's design flaws... and make it a 'bang' for your buck unit based on what it is today... again I appaude those individuals tring to better the unit.

I know damn well that improvements will be coming to future HMD's that Sony and others will release, however I am not going to play the sit and wait game. As you are happy with your z800's (as tons of others are), others maybe happy with their HMZ...
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

space123321 wrote:It seems to me you have it out for Sony for releasing a sub par HMD... so I am still not clear why you would bash others for attempting to better Sony's design flaws... and make it a 'bang' for your buck unit based on what it is today... again I appaude those individuals tring to better the unit.

I know damn well that improvements will be coming to future HMD's that Sony and others will release, however I am not going to play the sit and wait game. As you are happy with your z800's (as tons of others are), others maybe happy with their HMZ...
simply becoz some have understood the Sony and trying to make the best out of but others are ranting using profanity for no fault of sony - rememeber sony never cajoled anybody to buy they simply created a hype around to have the guinea pigs roped in and they succeeded thus far !

also i have seen people try 'funny' mods like military helmet, plastic toilet seats , bicycle seats moded to make Sony comfy.....does that justify what Sony did !

i like the fact that cinemizer OLED and SMD [st1080] they are playing very cautious and going about very logically , not putting something in the market which does not justify the hype !

for me i have a lot of hope with st1080 hopefully it's the HMD which has the ergonomics of z800 and pic q of headplay and HDMI and usb powered design a BONUS.....if this is a 'real' hybrid of z800 and headplay ;)
Last edited by ancjob on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

For anyone interested, with the comfort mod I can play Skyrim for 3.5 hours straight. The only reason I stop is to recharge the battery pack. But I need to warn you guys, if you not use to first person shooter in 3D, you might get motion sickness. I'm pretty immune to motion sickness after first day. Try moving your feet even in small step will help you to further reduce the disorientation as somehow it trick your brain that you are really walking. I'm use to playing games on 110" projection screen in 3D so I'm trained.
space123321

Post by space123321 »

And you have to remember that Sony did not market this as a PC HMD (hence no tracker) - it is a personal viewer for movies and games jumping on ps3 3d gaming bandwagon. The fact that people are taking what it is and modding over to PC use is exciting and interesting to some - it may not be to you which is fine.

I personally love the look of the TMZ as it brings me back to the first time I played Dactyl Nightmare at my local mall.

I am not a fan of the glasses style of HMD's - but again that is me and I would not bash others for their personal likes/dislikes...

That is all I am saying - good day m8!
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

pierreye wrote:. I'm pretty immune to motion sickness after first day.
right - u r pretty immune to almost everything except epilepsy....see u soon in hospital ....my best wishes for your faster recovery....or my condolences if you do not make it alive from there.... :lol:

thank u pierreye for making me indulge in 'black' humor - you have been a great inspiration hehehe
do not say that i do not what humor is all about :D
Last edited by ancjob on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
space123321

Post by space123321 »

Holly man - what a... nevermind...
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

Currently Sony HMD had the best display quality compare to others. After owning the unit for 2 months, I had found ways to adjust the HMD for sharp focus.

Adjust the position by closing one eye and look for the shadow. If you see double image, then most likely the optics is not align properly to your eyes. I'll adjust up/down position first to eliminate up/down double image. After this step is done, next is to adjust left/right to reduce the double image by adjusing the IPD dial. If you can only focus on the left of the screen but not right, then try to slightly tighten the right strap as this will pull the right side slightly closer to your eye. With this method you should be able to find your sweet spot. I would prefer white text over black background for adjustment as this is the best way to find out any out of focus issue. As mention in avsforum, some of the user had chromatic abberation issue (color bleeding) which in fact is due to misalignment of the optics. Once you get the right position, the white text shouldn't bleed red or blue.
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

ancjob wrote:
right - u r pretty immune to almost everything except epilepsy....see u soon in hospital ....my best wishes for your faster recovery....or my condolences if you do not make it alive from there.... :lol:

thank u pierreye for making me indulge in 'black' humor - you have been a great inspiration hehehe
I smell sour grapes here and stop posting in Sony HMD thread. If you want bashing game, we can do it somewhere else. I can be pretty sarcastic.

To recall your short term memory lost, seems like you own a "poop" HMD too. Here's the cut and paste of your Z800 comment from Amazon. At least Sony's "poop" HMD smell better than yours.

1.0 out of 5 stars expensive - NON plug'n'play complete rip off!, November 5, 2011
By ancjob - See all my reviewsThis review is from: eMagin Z800 3DVisor (Electronics)
Hi
i got this unit sometime back - was quite excited then something happened that made me feel that i was ripped off!

what 'd have gone wrong - usb powered , light weight 800x600 OLED tech video glasses....seemed all ok - read on

I hooked it to my asrock nettop ion 3d [win 7 HP , nvidia GT218 GPU XBMC windows ver loaded]- it's NOT even "generic plug'n'play" i said to myself what a unit which costs usd1799 is NOT even "generic plug'n'play" so it cannot be monitor replacement.....ever. omg

coming to 3D support - latest cards do not support it ....

even my headplay personal cinema system [headplay PCS] does better than that at least it's 'generic plug'n'play" currently i am using headplay as my monitor replacement ! 3d also not supported for that same story as z800 but at least it does 2d great

eMagin is ripping people off with their poop.....i guess i'd have waited for Sony HMZ-T1 personal 3D viewer...

WARNING : stay away from this device - ot's obsolete and complete rip-off guess i 'd have heeded previous review here....i will auction it soon to get my money back...or a part of it...whatever !

http://www.amazon.com/eMagin-Z800-3DVis ... IHEH36KCRY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note: Cross reference back to your previous post. Hope you don't edit your previous post to hide your stupidity.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

pierreye wrote:
ancjob wrote:

I smell sour grapes here and stop posting in Sony HMD thread. If you want bashing game, we can do it somewhere else. I can be pretty sarcastic.

To recall your short term memory lost, seems like you own a "poop" HMD too. Here's the cut and paste of your Z800 comment from Amazon. At least Sony's "poop" HMD smell better than yours.

1.0 out of 5 stars expensive - NON plug'n'play complete rip off!, November 5, 2011
By ancjob - See all my reviewsThis review is from: eMagin Z800 3DVisor (Electronics)
Hi
i got this unit sometime back - was quite excited then something happened that made me feel that i was ripped off!

what 'd have gone wrong - usb powered , light weight 800x600 OLED tech video glasses....seemed all ok - read on

I hooked it to my asrock nettop ion 3d [win 7 HP , nvidia GT218 GPU XBMC windows ver loaded]- it's NOT even "generic plug'n'play" i said to myself what a unit which costs usd1799 is NOT even "generic plug'n'play" so it cannot be monitor replacement.....ever. omg

coming to 3D support - latest cards do not support it ....

even my headplay personal cinema system [headplay PCS] does better than that at least it's 'generic plug'n'play" currently i am using headplay as my monitor replacement ! 3d also not supported for that same story as z800 but at least it does 2d great

eMagin is ripping people off with their poop.....i guess i'd have waited for Sony HMZ-T1 personal 3D viewer...

WARNING : stay away from this device - ot's obsolete and complete rip-off guess i 'd have heeded previous review here....i will auction it soon to get my money back...or a part of it...whatever !

http://www.amazon.com/eMagin-Z800-3DVis ... IHEH36KCRY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dork - it's written on a site and not a sandstone which cannot be edited/changed ....may be i will rewrite on your tombstone - dork! my condolences already sent in advance...

for the records - a used z800 sells for more than what your f**king HMZ [new] sells for , that only shows what z800 is all about !

whatever mods you do and mounting yo deploy - the Sony thing is BS.....get it in your thick head and sell it off....you will not regret it , a friendly advice....

As for the profanity - poop comes back to you when u throw it straight up - newton's law of gravity , Dork......
Last edited by ancjob on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

ancjob wrote: for the records - a used z800 sells for more than what your f**king HMZ [new] sells for , that only shows what z800 is all about !
Cause you are the arsehole that buy at that price and start to have buyer remorse and rant in Amazon. I expected the shortcoming of Sony HMD and with some skill, I can make it comfortable for long usage. The only consumer HMD with 720p, 50 degrees FOV and supporting HDMI 1.4 3D is Sony HMZ-T1. You must be insane to get Z800 at that price.

Same to you, whatever poop that spill out from your mouth up will fall on your face... Newton law.
Last edited by pierreye on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

ancjob wrote:for the records - a used z800 sells for more than what your f**king HMZ [new] sells for , that only shows what z800 is all about !

whatever mods you do and mounting yo deploy - the Sony thing is BS.....get it in your thick head and sell it off....you will not regret it , a friendly advice....
It sells for more on some occasions because military and research installations need them for compatibility reasons, not because it is better.

I have an HMZ-T1 that is mounted entirely inside a pair of ski goggles, no bulges, and it is fantastic, many times better than the Z800. The two are not even comparable in terms of image quality, not to mention the far superior software support for the HMZ-T1.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

pierreye wrote:
ancjob wrote: for the records - a used z800 sells for more than what your f**king HMZ [new] sells for , that only shows what z800 is all about !
Cause you are the arsehole that buy at that price and start to have buyer remorse and rant in Amazon. I expected the shortcoming of Sony HMD and with some skill, I can make it comfortable for long usage.

Same to you, whatever poop that spill out from your mouth up will fall on your face... Newton law.
do u have a brain that works or your parents let you out into this world without....that's how you look the f**king dork you are in your laughter show that you posted a while back .......

i play it for hrs for my friends running a Yoga center - for it's use in laughter therapy and what an effortless laugh it was....my friends have distributed it throughout for a 'network' laughter and my country loves this kind of stuff - thank god it was not patented you 'd have been a rich Dork !

wise men like me wait for the response from the guinea pigs like u then get in the game....not just mindlessly buying crap and modding it to make themselves look 'funny'

scour on the net everywhere , z800 is still the best .....that's why you are so pissed coz you cannot afford it....so lick the poop from sony like a gift from heaven....dimwit...[ dork is too much used]

you think you can insult and get away - i can do better , see u r pissed already....that's what my kind of humor is :twisted:
Last edited by ancjob on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Debating the quality of the HMZ-T1

Post by pierreye »

Come on. Let's hear your answer. Why you rant on Amazon that Z800 is a poop and say that Z800 is the best HMD you owned here? I'm not interested in your network friends and yoga. I do have Indian friends and thank god they are not like you. That's where I learn the word "Podah", pariah.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

pierreye wrote:Come on. Let's hear your answer. Why you rant on Amazon that Z800 is a poop and say that Z800 is the best HMD you owned here? I'm not interested in your network friends and yoga. I do have Indian friends and thank god they are not like you. That's where I learn the word "Podah", pariah.

that was a long time back well before sony came out .....

the design of sony - the f**king helmet and the reviews the world over .....people modding it with plastic toilet seats , military helmets - i realized z800 still rules....usb powered with fantastic optics lightweight and i can watch stuff all day using it with a battery pack....and the best part my eyes do not strain at all.....yes colors 'd have been better but optics is primary for me everything else secondary....

what the f**k is your sony poop worth when you cannot use it all day with experiencing discomfort and you cannot use for more than 20 min at a stretch cause it's ergonomics pain u on ur forehead - modding it with a toilet seat / military helmet is just the sign that you are going nuts over the poop sony sold you

i am not a dork like u i want the HMD with optics of z800 and pic q of headplay which i only believe st1080 has.......

BTW - when the sequel to your laughter-video is due on.....my friends crave this 'Dorky-laughter' stuff all the time hope u not gonna get it patented .....
:lol:
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

All these rant about Sony's discomfort, bad optics and not usable for more than 20 mins are from you only, who didn't even owned one. I'm not defending Sony HMD and had no loyalty to any brand. If tomorrow, there is a better HMD I will get it in a heartbeat. Unlike you keep on bashing Sony as if Sony screw your arse hard. Maybe because Sony do not release HMZ-T1 in India that you are so pissed off.

FYI, I'm going to shoot a second video on VR gaming with Skyrim. I'll even PM you when it's done.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

pierreye wrote:All these rant about Sony's discomfort, bad optics and not usable for more than 20 mins are from you only, who didn't even owned one. I'm not defending Sony HMD and had no loyalty to any brand. If tomorrow, there is a better HMD I will get it in a heartbeat. Unlike you keep on bashing Sony as if Sony screw your arse hard. Maybe because Sony do not release HMZ-T1 in India that you are so pissed off.
nope you did not get it - i already have the best so i wait and watch Dork you do not get it do u ? seems english is secondary to u

i will get that HMD which has the optics of z800 and pic q of headplay and i see that only in st1080
sony was written off from my list a long time ago.....and liked the st1080 the first time it was announced.....

unless sony makes something like st1080 type - i will stay away from sony....BTW i spend my money wisely not just buying HMD like grocery.........it's Dorks like u who do and then endlessly modding it finally ending up in epilepsy in some downtown cheapo hospital...never to make it back alive..... :lol:
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

Live in a fantasy world somewhere in a small town of India... Check your car, is it TATA or TOTO.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

PalmerTech wrote:
ancjob wrote:for the records - a used z800 sells for more than what your f**king HMZ [new] sells for , that only shows what z800 is all about !

It sells for more on some occasions because military and research installations need them for compatibility reasons, not because it is better.

I have an HMZ-T1 that is mounted entirely inside a pair of ski goggles, no bulges, and it is fantastic, many times better than the Z800. The two are not even comparable in terms of image quality, not to mention the far superior software support for the HMZ-T1.

Hey! palmer finally i was missing you in the war of words which pierreye started.....but lemme add with due respect - why do you have to mod it , is not what the sony 'd be doing to make a better product.....

i was almost there to order a custom mod for headplay only for the 45fov that i held myself back and look fwd to st1080 with hope....Headplay with it's mod is superb [read it here : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... om&page=34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] [headplay mod here : http://www.fpv-plastics.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;] which makes headplay better than sony if we ignore fov....and other bonuses...

Palmer you are a tech...you can do a lot of stuff but not everyone can......it's sony's onus to market a product that's deserving and worth what they are asking....

that helmet style was a no-no right when sony announced it.....if sony cannot make it better then they 'd sell their oleds and have LG,Samsung come with better variants....

my hope is with st1080 only till then i am happy for what i have.....z800+headplay....

sony in it's present form is just a rushed out half-done prototype without a tracker not even fit for gaming gamut all encompassing....so why bother?

let the competition in and sony will come up with better stuff...after all technology keeps evolving...
pierreye wrote:Live in a fantasy world somewhere in a small town of India... Check your car, is it TATA or TOTO.
pierreye@come over to India - we have better treatment of epilepsy for folks like u who cannot even afford a cheapo hospital in their own country....
Last edited by ancjob on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Octavion
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Octavion »

Pierreye - Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on the HMZ-T1, it helped a lot in my decision to purchase the unit. I knew going in what to expect. The HMZ-T1 was not an impulse buy for me.

Ancjob - I'm sure the Z800 is more comfortable and ergonomic out of the box, no one, and I mean no one is debating that except for you. You are however coming off as a forum troll at the moment with no positive inclinations other than to cause a reaction out of people. If your that bored go slap on your Z800 and play a game or something. I'm sure we ALL look like dorks with our HMD's on, including you with your Z800, kinda comes with the territory.

If your not afraid to mod your HMZ-T1 overall I believe it is the best all around option for the HMD market at the moment, the price seems right, and the quality other than comfort seems spot on. If your timid to alter the product in anyway, the stock comfort level is definatly lacking and will be a major deterrent for any purchaser. As for issues on eye-strain/health issues, if you own a HMD I'm afraid your probably pissing in the wind trashing another unit.

PalmerTech - I'd love to see any additional info on your ski goggle mod, that seems like an ideal housing if you can get the weight distributed.

Oct
space123321

Post by space123321 »

Ancjob - once again the HMZ is not been marketed as an HMD as we would like to see - it is being marketed as a personal home theater experience... take a look at the ad - the guy does not move once while using the personal viewer... except at the end when he is taking the unit off. In this sitting down position, the unit performs exactly the way it is designed to... what users are doing here is using 'out of the box' thinking... something that seems difficult for you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Aa7AZzqKM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

ancjob wrote:Hey! palmer finally i was missing you in the war of words which pierreye started.....but lemme add with due respect - why do you have to mod it , is not what the sony 'd be doing to make a better product.....

i was almost there to order a custom mod for headplay only for the 45fov that i held myself back and look fwd to st1080 with hope....Headplay with it's mod is superb [read it here : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... om&page=34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] [headplay mod here : http://www.fpv-plastics.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;] which makes headplay better than sony if we ignore fov....and other bonuses...

Palmer you are a tech...you can do a lot of stuff but not everyone can......it's sony's onus to market a product that's deserving and worth what they are asking....

that helmet style was a no-no right when sony announced it.....if sony cannot make it better then they 'd sell their oleds and have LG,Samsung come with better variants....

my hope is with st1080 only till then i am happy for what i have.....z800+headplay....

sony in it's present form is just a rushed out half-done prototype without a tracker not even fit for gaming gamut all encompassing....so why bother?
First off, I don't think pierreye started this. He used a single choice word towards an uninformed person on that action figure forum, which is a lot different than the post full of profanity and personal attacks that you made.

Yes, the Headplay is pretty good when you mod it. So is the HMZ. I don't really see any difference, except that the Headplay is lower quality, has worse optics, and a super short cable to the control box. You can't say that a modded Headplay is better than the Sony, then put down people who mod HMDs! :P

Helmet style HMDs are what most of us gamers want, you are the exception here. If the parts of the HMZ-T1 were moved into a glasses-style HMD, it would be WAY too front heavy. Like other people have mentioned, Sony does not even market the HMZ-T1 for gaming, they market it as a movie viewer. If you use it like one, then it works very well, no mods needed.

@Ocatvion: I will definitely post pictures when it is finished, still working on it right now. I replaced the optics with some Olympus prism lenses, much lighter and more compact than the stock Sony optics.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

Octavion wrote:Pierreye - Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on the HMZ-T1, it helped a lot in my decision to purchase the unit. I knew going in what to expect. The HMZ-T1 was not an impulse buy for me.

Ancjob - I'm sure the Z800 is more comfortable and ergonomic out of the box, no one, and I mean no one is debating that except for you. You are however coming off as a forum troll at the moment with no positive inclinations other than to cause a reaction out of people. If your that bored go slap on your Z800 and play a game or something. I'm sure we ALL look like dorks with our HMD's on, including you with your Z800, kinda comes with the territory.

If your not afraid to mod your HMZ-T1 overall I believe it is the best all around option for the HMD market at the moment, the price seems right, and the quality other than comfort seems spot on. If your timid to alter the product in anyway, the stock comfort level is definatly lacking and will be a major deterrent for any purchaser. As for issues on eye-strain/health issues, if you own a HMD I'm afraid your probably pissing in the wind trashing another unit.

PalmerTech - I'd love to see any additional info on your ski goggle mod, that seems like an ideal housing if you can get the weight distributed.

Oct
i am not aggressive but if someone insults than i have to give a befitting reply - that's human nature....
as for sony - it's sony's onus to mod and give us a deserving product....so waiting for version 2 why cannot sony design optics better than emagin did and make it a perfect HMD ?

i'd prefer to wait and watch , sony definitely knows wht's wrong and the new variants will only get better so not in a hurry anyway.........BTW modding voids warranty...so it's risk at least for me....

got the mail today cinemizer is upto something .....so the scene is hotting up.....
three HMDs vying for the top slot - HMZ,cinemizer OLED and st1080.....so i am ardently watching with avid interest....which one will be the top!

eye-strain : zero with z800...with others it varies.....so loving z800 for now.....
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

space123321 wrote:Ancjob - once again the HMZ is not been marketed as an HMD as we would like to see - it is being marketed as a personal home theater experience... take a look at the ad - the guy does not move once while using the personal viewer... except at the end when he is taking the unit off. In this sitting down position, the unit performs exactly the way it is designed to... what users are doing here is using 'out of the box' thinking... something that seems difficult for you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Aa7AZzqKM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pal - you still do not understand.....why mod it? it's Sony job to do that and give us a great product

i will not void my warranty for some silly mod ...like someone posted somewhere made of plastic toilet sheet / seat or a military helmet......and i am not going ga-ga over an HMD , already have the best so i do not rush....i learn from guinea pigs like u when to enter in the game......to make the rt move always....

people doing the mods out of frustration becoz they did not know it was 'that; uncomfortable but since they have it now - selling and getting back money is a pain so they end up modding it...so unprofessional.....selling it on ebay is no way easy .....after all anyone buying that will know in advance what's he's getting into ! and there is a lot of -ve stuff around to give up the idea of buying in it's present avatar......
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

ancjob wrote:pal - you still do not understand.....why mod it? it's Sony job to do that and give us a great product
No, you do not understand. Sony made and marketed the HMZ-T1 as a movie viewer, not for gaming. For watching movies, it is a great product, and lots of people are very happy with it, no mods needed. We are using it in ways Sony never meant it to be used, it is not their job to make the product good at every possible use.

You might not want to mod, but the people who do should be respected, not made fun of. You don't have the "best", the Z800 is really not that great. I own nearly 40 HMDs, and the Z800 is okay for what it is, but the Sony is a lot better. You have never used one, so you really don't have any idea what you are talking about. For every negative review, there are three more good ones.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

PalmerTech wrote:
ancjob wrote:Hey! palmer finally i was missing you in the war of words which pierreye started.....but lemme add with due respect - why do you have to mod it , is not what the sony 'd be doing to make a better product.....

First off, I don't think pierreye started this. He used a single choice word towards an uninformed person on that action figure forum, which is a lot different than the post full of profanity and personal attacks that you made.

Yes, the Headplay is pretty good when you mod it. So is the HMZ. I don't really see any difference, except that the Headplay is lower quality, has worse optics, and a super short cable to the control box. You can't say that a modded Headplay is better than the Sony, then put down people who mod HMDs! :P

Helmet style HMDs are what most of us gamers want, you are the exception here. If the parts of the HMZ-T1 were moved into a glasses-style HMD, it would be WAY too front heavy. Like other people have mentioned, Sony does not even market the HMZ-T1 for gaming, they market it as a movie viewer. If you use it like one, then it works very well, no mods needed.

@Ocatvion: I will definitely post pictures when it is finished, still working on it right now. I replaced the optics with some Olympus prism lenses, much lighter and more compact than the stock Sony optics.

palmer - with due respect using the profane words is also wrong whether the person belongs to this forum or any other....we can criticize in a decent way but then using the 'vocabulary' is like throwing a challenge which is human nature to have a befitting response too.......

also if it's not for st1080 [higher fov 45, LCos and 1080p resolution and HDMI/usb power ] i'd have purchased the mod which is very easy and does not require taking the internals apart like the way you did - voiding the warranty straight up... and my headplay is out of warranty so no regrets.....so it does not cost much except for 65 euro and bit of cushioning and a double-sided tape to mount it in sky-google frame....so it's not a tech mod just a change from the hat to sky-google....so even a layman can do that !

but the fov 45 with 1080 resolution is just too tempting so not thinking of modding headplay for now.....people at the RC forums say that it's the ultimate mod for any headplay owner but i want higher fov also ..... and i like LCoS more than Oleds......say it's personal choice hence st1080.....

so if they cannot make sony HMDs in glasses style no issues there will be better choices so why bother.....wait and watch that's what i recommend.....like i said comfort first - rest secondary....so this tilts the balance to z800 auto....
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

ancjob wrote:palmer - with due respect using the profane words is also wrong whether the person belongs to this forum or any other....we can criticize in a decent way but then using the 'vocabulary' is like throwing a challenge which is human nature to have a befitting response too......

He did not challenge you, he was not even talking to you. There was no need for you to even respond. If using profane words is so bad, then you should follow your own advice and make your points without swearing or calling people "dorks" or "stupid".

If comfort is really first, then the Z800 is certainly not the best. The MvVu Crystal is more comfortable and lightweight, despite the lower specs. The OLEDs in the Z800 are garbage compared to the amazing ones in the HMZ-T1, far better than LCOS.

You might care about comfort/looking cool, but most of us care more about good specifications. Hate to break it to you, but all of us look pretty dorky in our HMDs, even your Z800. :P
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

PalmerTech wrote:
ancjob wrote:pal - you still do not understand.....why mod it? it's Sony job to do that and give us a great product
No, you do not understand. Sony made and marketed the HMZ-T1 as a movie viewer, not for gaming. For watching movies, it is a great product, and lots of people are very happy with it, no mods needed. We are using it in ways Sony never meant it to be used, it is not their job to make the product good at every possible use.

You might not want to mod, but the people who do should be respected, not made fun of. You don't have the "best", the Z800 is really not that great. I own nearly 40 HMDs, and the Z800 is okay for what it is, but the Sony is a lot better. You have never used one, so you really don't have any idea what you are talking about. For every negative review, there are three more good ones.

ok so sony delivered a half-baked product and wanted that we mod it to suit our needs - is that professional....? personally for me a strict no-no....

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”