Lock on: Flaming cliffs 2 in 3D: TriDef or iZ3D?

GameGrade3D is a new gamer driven database of the top games, their best settings, and the visual results you can expect using DDD, iZ3D, NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision, and native 3D solutions.

Have questions and ideas for GameGrade3D? Share them here!
Blackbelter
One Eyed Hopeful

Lock on: Flaming cliffs 2 in 3D: TriDef or iZ3D?

Post by Blackbelter »

Hey people, I am setting up my 3D gaming system, primarily for LOFC2 as mentioned in the title. Havn't decided on which graphics card to choose, as I am waiting for the release of Kepler, but pretty sure will be getting LG LW5700 as the 3D display.

For the 3D driver, I intend to go for either TriDef or iZ3D. I am leaning towards these two instead of nVidia 3D vision, for my dislike of its closeness and 'convenience over quality' strategy.

But I find it difficult to settle between TriDef and iZ3D. From various forums, I noticed that in general, people think that TriDefi is superior to iZ3D. I've seen many people praising the virtual 3D mode of TriDef. However, I have not seen any mentioning of the performance of this drive with LOFC2. On the other hand, some people commented that iZ3D works excellent with LOFC2. But at the same time, people are also saying that iZ3D might be abandon ware, supposingly because the development team are working on something else.

As such, I need more information before I can decide. I need help from you experienced guys. Any experience of LOFC2 with these 3D drivers? Any additional comments?

Thanks a lot.
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Lock on: Flaming cliffs 2 in 3D: TriDef or iZ3D?

Post by PalmerTech »

I would go with TriDef, personally, since IZ3D appears to be dead. You get a free 30 day trial period, so I would see how well that works. If IZ3D works well this this game, there there is no reason to not use it.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

They both have free demos. Try them and see what you think.
zippo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zippo »

Hi,
I have not been able to get any DCS product to work with Tridef ( Ka50, A10C, the entire LOMAC series).

They do however, work with iz3d drivers. I have played these on iZ3d monitor and an AOC e2752PHz passive 3d monitor.

Problem with iz3d drivers is the cockpit monitor displays (think mavericks and schval (spelling??). The separation for these distinct images is unworkable. I even had those images fed to a separate monitor and the were separated by a huge percent when compared to the usual 1% I use. This was using an AMD 6870 and 9800 GTX+.

I have just used nVidias drivers (using a .inf file to trick nvidia into thimking I had a Zalman monitor ( Thx Buttmuncher)) and all the above DCS products are SENSATIONAL. I am going to sell my 6870 and buy a comparable nvidia card just for these series of sims.

Cheers,
Zip

Return to “GameGrade3D Discussion”