Journey 2: The Mysterious Island 3D (IMAX)

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island 3D (IMAX)

Post by Chiefwinston »

I viewed this one on my local IMAX screen. I found it to be mildly entertaining. And I do like "the Rock". He's very funny in his movies. The 3D is dual camera and not a conversion. I found it to be weak 3D though. So here's my take once more.

Chief's score card:
Story: 6.75
Special effects: 6.50
Music: 6.0
3D: 6.5/6.75
Kids/Adult Movie: Yes

Final Score: 6.75
I did enjoy the movie and I do feel the 3D was worth while- but barely. I'll be looking for another viewing on my home 3D theater in the future.

peace
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island 3D (IMAX)

Post by android78 »

I watched it and found it ... ok... the rock (the pec pop of love! ha ha ha) can be amusing to watch "acting" and I have a soft spot for plane unusual, which describes much of this film. It's not going to be in a best movie category in many peoples lists, but I thought it worth a watch.
Having seen it on a smaller cinema screen the 3D depth was lacking, which was a shame. About the same depth as tron IMO.
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island 3D (IMAX)

Post by Gae43 »

What is this modern day trend for shallow 3D? Can't we handle full 3D or is it just inexperience and lack of knowledge/skill by the film-makers? Whatever it is, it's very frustrating. I have the new 3D TV and 3D blu-ray player but there's not many well done 3D movies to watch.

http://3dperfection.blogspot.com/

Gae43

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”