Bluetooth setup help - wiimote and PS3

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
space123321
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Bluetooth setup help - wiimote and PS3

Post by space123321 »

Good afternoon all - wondering if anyone would be able to aid in this setup process? I am banging my head against the wall trying to get things to work (and it is now starting to hurt lol!)

I picked up an ASUS BT211 bluetooth dongle and have been able to synch my PS3 controllers to this via Motioninjoy. The issue is that I have an ASUS internal bluetooth on my motherboard in which I was going to use to synch to my wii remote (as I have done in the past). The dongle setup removed the onboard BT. I can have one or the other... is there a trick to having both run?

I am thinking it might have a fact that both my onboard BT and dongle are ASUS - however not 100% sure.

Thanks in advance as I prep for the HMZ-T1!
bgnome
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Bluetooth setup help - wiimote and PS3

Post by bgnome »

sorry, but it does not really make sense to me to try and run 2 BT radios simultaneously? You are supposed to be able to connect 8 different devices to one "hub." have you tried connecting both controllers to the same radio?

to that effect, you may have disabled some resources to the onboard BT. check you bios settings and make sure that you do not have any resource conflicts, ie IRQs etc.
space123321

Post by space123321 »

From my understanding Motioninjoy takes over the BT signal to run the PS3 remotes, hence the need to run another BT source... others on here are doing it for their VR setups.
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

This problem only exist in the latest MotionInJoy driver. You can manually change one of the devices back to bluetooth device by doing the below:

Go to Device Manager.
Right click on the MotionInJoy device that you wish to turn back to bluetooth driver and click "Update Driver Software". You can determine which device to rollback by unplug the bluetooth device that to be remain for motionInJoy driver.
Click "browse my computer for driver software".
If you have the ASUS driver then choose the correct directory for the driver and click next.
If you use Microsoft driver then click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" and choose Microsoft bluetooth from the list and click next.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I was able to use the built-in BT on my laptop simultaneously with a USB dongle. I did this with the Toshiba bluetooth stack, maybe try using that.
space123321

Post by space123321 »

Thanks all - after numerous tries I could not get get both the ps3 controllers and wii remotes to synch. After tring the previous release the synched out with no issues!

Getting used to the scripts now and playing around! Loving it - thanks for your help!
space123321

Post by space123321 »

Well - thanks to your help I got everything running (both the Wii remote and the PS3 Move/Navigator) and had it temporarily running. Now when I am resynch everything, I do the PS3 move first, then the navigator and then the Wii remote. Everything seems fine and I can see all button movment on the PS3 controllers (via the joystick configuration in windows) and Glovepie starts up fine. When I run a game to test, the navigator input is not working correctly. As an example when I try and reconfigure the hotkeys in the game (just to see what is going on) the up, down, and side to side movement from the navigator all is coming back as 'b' being entered? Any idea what is going on here? Windows lists my PS3 navigator first (even though I synch my Move controller first) - could this be the issue? Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated!
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

The first Joystick that show up in the control panel would be joystick1. You can try the script that I uploaded previously as template. If your Navigator and Move controller is reverse, just do a "Search and Replace" Joystick1 with Joystick2 and vice versa. Just remember to rename Joystick2 to something else like Joystick3 before changing Joystick1 to Joystick2 then Joystick3 to Joystick1.
space123321

Post by space123321 »

Thank you again Pierreye - I have your script ready to go lol! Counting down the 9 days until my trip down to pickup the HMZ and getting things ready in the meantime!

I do not understand where I should use the "Search and Replace" option that you mention below... again your help would be greatly appreciated!
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

Just use the Notepad apps to edit the script. Click "Edit" then "Replace". I had Dead Space 2 and Skyrim script ready if you want.
space123321

Post by space123321 »

OK perfect - understand now thanks!

Any scripts you want to share would be greatly appreciated! I am hopefully going to do the same headtracker mod you did if I can find the right cable (was looking locally before I went ahead and ordered one). Not that knowledgeable when it comes to soldering so it shall be an experience lol!
space123321

Post by space123321 »

OK got it working again - a BIG thanks! Looks like I will need to do this for all your scripts that you pass along :)

Wonder if there is a way to change the settings in the windows control panel to have the navigator listed second? Not sure why it does this as I synch the Move controller first (and it is listed as the first joystick in Motioninjoy)?
sean1470
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sean1470 »

hey Piereye would it be possible to get those scripts from you I am trying to get my setup going with my wii motion plus and ps3 navigator to play skyrim I would reall appreciate it.

-Sean-
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

Hi,

You can get all the latest script from:

http://sites.google.com/site/vrsetup/
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Update- i tried an ancient linksys bluetooth dongle i had in the draw and things started to happen, then my wireless mouse stopped working, then the bleuttoth stopped working. Now im rebooting and swapping things around trying to get it back...

I just got a ps3 navigator today from ebay but it looks like a fake, looks like most of them on there are. When i plus it into usb it shows a device error "Usb device not recognized".
It appears in hardware as -usb root hub- unkown device.

Motion in Joy will not find it at all and it doesn't show up in game controllers. Also when i search for it in bluetooth i get nothing...
I dont have a ps3 to test if it works at all, all it does is the orange light flashes when i plug it in or press the P3 button.

Am i sh1t out of luck?
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

It sounds like the controller is bunk.

When I plug in the Navigator Windows says "Your device is ready to use" and shows in device manager as "USB Input Device".
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

It could be the fake navigator is using different device ID thus the driver can't detect the type of device. You can check in MiJ forum that some guys need to inform the developer their fake PS3 controller hardware ID to be included as detected device. I would get the genuine navigator for peace of mind.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Thanks guys yeah its the controller for sure not being plug and play.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”