BLUETOOTH ANGER!!!!!!!

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
bobv5
Certif-Eyed!

BLUETOOTH ANGER!!!!!!!

Post by bobv5 »

I will resist the urge to go on a rant, will ask a simple question instead. Do you guys also find bluetooth to be glitchy, annoying, and pretty much broken?

I had to reinstall windows to get the stack to work, no idea why, it just stopped working last week, hadn't even used it for ages.

Now, it will connect, but seems to recieve no data.

I suspect the first problem is generic bluetooth evilness, and the second is that my new bluetooth adapter isn't really compatible with the wiimote. I can't use the old adapter because it has disappered somewhere, but a quick net search says my new one should work.
"If you have a diabolical mind, the first thing that probably came to mind is that it will make an excellent trap: how do you get off a functional omni-directional treadmill?"
Osobari
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: BLUETOOTH ANGER!!!!!!!

Post by Osobari »

And this rant belongs in this board why...?
bobv5
Certif-Eyed!

Post by bobv5 »

Well, I tried not to rant.

The reason it belongs on this board is that most of the control devices connect with bluetooth.
"If you have a diabolical mind, the first thing that probably came to mind is that it will make an excellent trap: how do you get off a functional omni-directional treadmill?"
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

The default Windows bluetooth stack sucks balls. You should try one of the 3rd party ones, I had luck with the Toshiba stack.
bobv5
Certif-Eyed!

Post by bobv5 »

Yeah, I was talking about the toshiba one. Luck really shouldn't be an issue.
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

I don't have any problem with Windows bluetooth but I found out the USB port that you connect could affect the connectivity. Previously my bluetooth dongle is plug in front my PC USB port and give me intermitent connection problem. The problem is solved once I plug it directly to the back of the motherboard.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

I agree. Its really stupid that you need specific Bluetooth stacks for different devices. Annoying as hell.
bobv5
Certif-Eyed!

Post by bobv5 »

Got it working now. This one only likes bluesoleli... The old one only liked toshiba.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”