reocommend content for my upcoming wrap 920

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
joyceanblue2
One Eyed Hopeful

reocommend content for my upcoming wrap 920

Post by joyceanblue2 »

hi folks, I've finally managed to order a wrap920, i guess it will take one week before it reaches here and gets cleared from the customs.
so i thought id start collecting some content for the hmd, so guys could you recommend some games and movies with good 3D (yes the purpose is to test 3D).
I have a Q6600, 4GB of ram, and an ATI Firepro V7750 card, I guess i am going to need iz3d drivers to make 3D work in games?
and has anyone tried unity3d compiled games or simulation with wrap 920?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: reocommend content for my upcoming wrap 920

Post by cybereality »

Unreal Tournament 2004 has good support for this, also Half-Life 2 and Left4Dead work well. Vuzix includes drivers (VRManager) but you can also user IZ3D and DDD for a wider compatibility for games. Unity will work (for example, with IZ3D) but there are some issues with full screen shaders and shadows. But it is supported. You can also try the Stereoscopic Player with some side-by-side videos.
joyceanblue2
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by joyceanblue2 »

cybereality wrote:Unreal Tournament 2004 has good support for this, also Half-Life 2 and Left4Dead work well. Vuzix includes drivers (VRManager) but you can also user IZ3D and DDD for a wider compatibility for games. Unity will work (for example, with IZ3D) but there are some issues with full screen shaders and shadows. But it is supported. You can also try the Stereoscopic Player with some side-by-side videos.
thanks for the suggestion cybereality.. ill try iz3d drivers with unity3d and get back.
joyceanblue2
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by joyceanblue2 »

damn the seller didnt send me the VGA adapter, is there any other way to watch 3D on wrap 920 without the vga cable? its going to take another week before i get my hands on the vga adapter.
i tried hooking it up on an old DVD player it works fine, ill try to hook it up to my samsung wave 2 meanwhile.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”