Trying blu-ray 3d with Acer H5360 and won't work.

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Trying blu-ray 3d with Acer H5360 and won't work.

Post by Dom »

I just bought an acer h5360 3d ready projector and I can't seem to get my blu-ray3d movies to playback. I downloaded all the software available from cyberlink, arcsoft, corel and roxio. None work. The first three were trial and I had full funciality from arcsoft and corel and roxio cineplayer I bought over a year ago.

1. Cyberlink = trial only plays on gfx cards with hardware acceleration. Sad but its on sale for 60 bucks, Still don't know if it works though.
2. arcsoft = I have set this up for use with 3d vision 120hz displays. In the 3d control panel it shows my syncmaster 120hz display as the 3d device when I have set my acer h3560 projector as the primary display and the only one thats turned on. Still does not playback blu-ray 3d movie. Does not activate 3d mode.
3. Corel = This software does not even recognize my display as 3d vision and once the blu-ray 3d disc is loaded it says "please insert a blu-ray 3d disc and connect your display to an hdmi 3d device or a computer with a blu-ray 3d drive and display" HUH
4. roxio cineplayer = I bought this software in august of 2010 and only worked once but not really. Now after I installed it fresh and also the updates for it, once I load a blu-ray 3d disc and the program is loaded it locks my windows desktop and I have to do a hard shutdown. What in the....

I also wanted to say that I have my projector in 1280x720x120hz and when I loaded corel it wants to change my resolution to 1080Px60hz which does not support 3d. Why do these blu-ray 3d programs want to change the resolution to 1080p or 1600x1200. I know the blu-ray was encoded in 1080p but is'nt the playback software supposed to downscale the video to the monitors resolution.

Now I cannot test out cyberlinks package unless i buy it first. I kinda think it will work but I really don't understand why all these other 3d playback programs are not working.

How I have my projector hooked up is: nvidia gtx 285 dual link dvi to syncmaster 3d monitor and dvi to hdmi cable to acer h5360 projector with 3d vision kit ect..

Now I can watch normal 3d things like movie files and games but I don't understand why blu-ray 3d is not working.

Am I missing something to get this to work? very fustrating :/
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Trying blu-ray 3d with Acer H5360 and won't work.

Post by cybereality »

Nvidia GTX 285 can't decode the MVC codec needed for 3D Blu-Rays. I had the same card and the same problem. You will need to upgrade to a GTX 400 series or better. I am using the GTX 470 and I am happy with it.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Trying blu-ray 3d with Acer H5360 and won't work.

Post by Dom »

Thanks cybereality, I thought that my cpu would decode the mvc codec if not from my gpu. I did get blu-ray 3d working though. I just hooked my projector from my gts 450 physx card and put it as primary output.

I got blu-ray 3d working with cyberlink 3d 11 so I am not sure about the other players.

Look at this info: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/c ... do?id=5972" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which graphic cards support Hardware Decoding?

The playback of Blu-ray/Blu-ray 3D Disc requires a powerful computer, such as a Dual-core or Quad-core CPU.

Some graphics cards include hardware decoding, meaning that you don’t need to use a powerful computer. When you play back Blu-ray Discs, the graphics card will share the decoding process and reduce the CPU usage.

The following is a list of the graphics cards that support hardware decoding:
Blu-ray disc
Nvidia: GeForce 8000, 9000 Series
ATI: ATI Radeon HD 2000, 3000 Series

Blu-ray 3D disc
Nvidia: GeForce GT240/320/330/340 and GTX 400 Series
Intel: Core i3 and i5 CPU integrate Graphics (Intel Graphic Media Accelerator HD)

Also anyone looking to get blu-ray 3d working with cyberlink check out this utility: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “3D Projectors”