Schoolproject: Building a 4D cinema setup.

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
GP4D
One Eyed Hopeful

Schoolproject: Building a 4D cinema setup.

Post by GP4D »

We're in last grade and we need to do a project. We have chosen to make a small scale 4D cinema.

For the 3D part we're using 2 x LCD projector Sanyo PLC-XE34, 2 x 45° polarisation filters, a selfmade silverscreen (silver-colour painted wood), 2 x polarisation glasses.

Now we have a problem with our Dell laptop we're using. The graphics card has only one output. We tried to solve our problem by using a USB to VGA converter so we were able to send an output signal to each projector. But we have problems to send separate, different signals to the projectors. They both receive the same signal.

We used already IZ3D, Stereoscopic Player, Tridef3D,... none of them worked.

Does anyone know if it's possible to create 3D with a graphic card with only one output?
And if not, which graphics card (amd by preference) do you advise?

More information on: http://gp-4d.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (in Dutch)

P.S. excuse me for the bad English, we're belgian :ugeek:
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Schoolproject: Building a 4D cinema setup.

Post by Fredz »

If the installation is only for 2 viewers I think you could lower the costs and have a better compatibility with existing drivers/video players by using a single DLP 3D projector with 2 pairs of active glasses. Ghosting will also be lower and you won't need a silver screen and a complex alignement process.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Is it not an option to use a desktop machine?
GP4D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by GP4D »

Yes it's an option but we wanted to know if it was possible with our laptop.
So we're going to use my desktop but I think we're going to need a new graphics card.
I thought off the 6850 or the 6870.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”