LG DM2350D 23" Cinema 3D TV/Monitor

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

LG DM2350D 23" Cinema 3D TV/Monitor

Post by Gae43 »

Guys, I've just ordered the above item as a replacement for a faulty LG D2342P. I've been promised delivery by 1 pm tomorrow so fingers crossed. I know there are a few people here on the board looking at getting one of these LG 3D monitors, so I'll post some of my findings tomorrow. I'll give it a test with 3D Blu-ray over HDMI first. If all is well with that then I'll connect it to my PC or use the USB input and view some SBS 1080p YT3D clips.

Wish me luck. :roll:

Gae43
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Re: LG DM2350D 23" Cinema 3D TV/Monitor

Post by Dilip »

I already own D2342P from last 3 Months
Quite satisfied, good Price to Performance Ratio!!

Only complain is color production and half resolution
but good tech compared to active(3D VISION) you
can play long hours with full viewing comfort.

i think this model is having tv tunner only additonal
better you would have gone for IPS model D237IPS
but for that you got to wait a little...
Gae43

Post by Gae43 »

I just posted this review at the Avforums....thought it was worth putting up here too.

OK, been tinkering with this set for a few hours now. the good news is that there's no issues with regards the 3D Blu-rays. The picture looks sharp and vibrant and black levels are as black as I imagine they can get. I watched some of "Monster House" and "Resident Evil" and they both looked good, although I don't think either of them are renowned for great depth. The 1080p 2D picture is very nice too...text is pin sharp unless you are in 3D mode when the interlacing effects the edge of the texts. Now I have to add that the interlacing was very faintly noticeable while viewing "Monster House". It is noticeable by a very subtle "glassy" texture on the faces of the characters....not too distracting though, given that the picture is so sharp and crisp. Overall, very happy with the 3D Blu-ray setup.

I connected it to my PC via D-Sub and DVI/HDMI adapter to HDMI input. It took me a while to set this up as it wouldn't accept the resolution that my card was set because it had an 85Hz refresh rate. I had to connect my old monitor again and set it at 1080 60Hz. When I reconnected it was very nice with both HDMI and D-Sub. There is no problem with text at all...it is pin sharp. I didn't think black levels looked as good as the preset 3D Blu-ray blacks but that was probably to do with my graphic card video settings. I watched a couple of DVDs, upscaling was very good but some grain was evident....still as good as other upscaling I've seen.
I had some confusion about how to view Stereoscopic clips via PC. I eventually worked it out. You can either play the side by side clip in your media player and then go into 3D mode on the monitor....or ou can play the side by side clip in Stereoscopic Player and output to row interlaced WITHOUT setting the monitor to 3D mode. It was a bit confusing at first but I managed to get there in the end. Adjusting the aspect ratio or zooming in on the video in Stereoscopic Player doesn't effect the 3D....the interlacing still works. Now, the clips I was viewing were only 480 and 720p and so didn't look as good as the 3D Blu-ray although the depth was better on some of the YT3D clips. I have to say here that there was ghosting evident on several of the clips, especially the ones that had a wide parallax. The ghosting comes over as a red halo around the objects.
I started to watch Strictly Come Dancing on BBC HD ( it's the only 3D programme I can watch on terrestrial) and it looked very nice...a nice sharp image with good depth on the front camera which was setup really nicely to give a good z-depth. Unfortunately, 20 mins in and I had a power cut due to a thundertsorm and I lost my whole satellite signal. Typical. The only 3D programme I can watch and that happens. Fortunately, the Tv wasn't damaged but I'm not sure about the Digibox.
I forgot to add that the LG DM2350D is a much nicer monitor than the LG D2342P. It is sturdier, has better inputs (face on rather than under) has a remote with a nice menu and the front panel controls are touch sensitve. I thought that the LG D2342P felt cheap. The inputs were awkward to get to and felt fragile and plastic, there was no remote and the panel buttons were chunky and awkward. For the extra money, I would definitely recommend the DM2350D over the D2342P. It's a lot classier in all departments.

My biggest gripe though is that after wearing the passive glasses for a couple of hours or more, I had eyestrain and a slight headache. I have to say though that I do get bloodshot eyes when I wear anaglyph glasses for more than 30 mins and so my eyes are more sensitive than most people's I guess. I'm 46 so it may be an age thing..relaxed muscles and all that. Later on I might test this monitor with my X3D shutter glasses just to see if I can get them to work with the interlaced signal. I think it's only supposed to work with a CRT monitor though but it might be worth a go. I think I will be OK with the passive glasses anyway as I only intend to watch the occasional 3D movie or YT3D clip.

Hope that helps you guys to make your minds up. I haven't tried the TriDef software as I'm not much of a gamer but I might try the Avatar game at some point. I'm sure that will look great...even if the game is a bit repetitive.

Gae
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Cool. Glad that worked out for you.
Gae43

Post by Gae43 »

cybereality wrote:Cool. Glad that worked out for you.
Cheers Cybereality.

The tech isn't quite perfect yet but at this price, you can't grumble really. Now to start watching those 3D Blu-rays. I'm going to go down the rental route at first but will probably buy the occasional movie that I really like and has great 3D. It'll work out cheaper that way. :)

Gae43

Return to “3D Monitors”