Are you playing? (Futurestates Play)

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Are you playing? (Futurestates Play)

Post by cybereality »

Aeroflux
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Are you playing? (Futurestates Play)

Post by Aeroflux »

Excellent short film...consistent enough in it's random nature to emulate the dream state. A few holes here and there...the i-glasses not being donned correctly...but only a small dent in the suspension of disbelief.

That day is coming...where levels are points of reality in which we are offered choices, barriers of interaction in a world that seems real. I much prefer a singular instance of reality, alternate or otherwise. I think it comes down to the lack of depth in simulation. We presently attempt to simulate the five senses, but those are simple external points of existence. When I dream I am aware of the personality within that person, the emotions, the memories...it's a different state of being that may one day be emulated...though the means to accomplish such manipulation would delve far too deep for my comfort. It's bad enough existing in things my conciousness can barely interpret, having electrons force feed an expereince to my neural matrix would be a bit daunting...like looking down a bottomless pit...or peering into the abyss while swimming on the surface of the ocean...only you can't look away.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”