How to play Full-SBS content?

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
Robomatt
One Eyed Hopeful

How to play Full-SBS content?

Post by Robomatt »

Hi,

I wonder how to play full-sbs content on my Lg 55LW650S TV using my desktop. The resolution is quite large, around 3840x1080. What player should I use?
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: How to play Full-SBS content?

Post by Dom »

Hi, there are a few ways to watch sbs content. There is a hardware 3d blu-ray player and blu-ray 3d movies, which yields the bext results that some people have said.

There is "stereoscopic player", which is payware software. And then you can play .avi ,wmv ect in all types of forms and even choose the types of display outputs.

There is "Sview" stereo player which is a download, not sure if they accept donations. Its a pretty awesome viewer. Theres no depth slider though, but its pretty much obsolete.

And theres the cyberlink 3d players and others from roxio ect...

And there is also blu-ray 3d ripper from "dvdfab". This is to make your own 3d files from a boughten blu-ray 3d movie.

Best of luck, hope you enjoy your movies.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

The Stereoscopic Player is probably the best software to use for anything except Blu-Ray 3D.
Robomatt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Robomatt »

Thanks for the comments! I will use a steroscopic player.
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by skrubol »

Sorry to drudge up an old thread, but is Stereoscopic player substantially more stable than the Nvidia 3d vision video player? I believe the latter is based on the former, and it crashes all the time.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I haven't had many problems with the Stereoscopic Player. Seems pretty stable to me.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I don't have any problems using stereoscopic player either even if my computer is quite old by now.
If the limited version for 3d-vision is unstable the problem could be with the nvidia api.
Otherwise from that i can only say that you should check that your displaydrivers and op-system is updated.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by skrubol »

The Nvidia player has been unstable for years on my system. Over that time I've replaced motherboard and processor and gone from Vista to a fresh install of Win 7. Crashes usually happen right away, so I suppose the eval of stereoscopic player should tell me whether it's stable.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Stereoscopic Player is well worth the money. Use it every day allmost. Never crashes but if You update codecs or install software that does, then You have to reinstall Stereoscopic Player (take 10 sec). Plays anything except Bluerays. Excellent software that remembers what kind of settings all the videos last was played with (very nice). Separation adjustable (remembers that too) so can be used with different displays 19" - 20m+.

If You open some unknown 3D video it can look very stretched until You set aspect ratio (for the file and for the view - 2 places!).
Nvidia's 3D Vision video player is based on Stereoscopic Player but not as good.

Return to “3D HDTVs”