How to get better depth?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Peltronix
One Eyed Hopeful

How to get better depth?

Post by Peltronix »

Hi, I recently purchased a HMZ-T1 and Nvidia's 3DTV Play solution. The overall experience has been pretty nice and I am loving playing games in 3d for the most part. However, I've noticed that objects a certain distance away from the screen just have little depth compared to those closer.
Here is an example screenshot I took.
http://i.imgur.com/Yu4Ki.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The level of depth between the character and things further from him is great, but objects like the buildings have very little in comparison. I've tried messing with the convergence but have not been able to find anything I like.
Is this how the 3D experience is supposed to be, or are my setting wrong in some way?
Either way I am still enjoying the experience, I would just like to know if there is a way to make it better.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: How to get better depth?

Post by Likay »

It's actually the same in the real life. Objects at a distance have less stereoscopic effect so it's natural. The convergence is fine in your image and if you're happy with the depth you should leave the settings as is. There will be more effect when walking around in the streets among the people or indoors.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

That picture looks pretty good to me. As Likay said, objects further away should have less distance between them.

Gae43
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

You may be able to increase the convergence, so the character is almost popping out of the screen and then reduce depth to around 50-75% depending on whats comfortable. Here is a shot of Assassin's Creed 1 with my highest settings:
AssassinsCreed_Dx1005_50.jpg
Nvidia also locks the settings for the HMD (also projectors) so you can only go so high. You can actually get better settings on a monitor. I believe there is a registry hack somewhere on the Nvidia forums that fixes this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peltronix
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Peltronix »

Alright, thank you for the responses. I've done the registry tweak for a bit extra depth and now I feel it is perfect.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”