Half Life 2 and SourceEngine games. HUD Problem

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Half Life 2 and SourceEngine games. HUD Problem

Post by Defender »

Has anyone solved the HUD problem in Half Life 2 or other Source Engine games. The HUD fades out of the screen when switching to S3D

May be a modder could solve the problem by doing a real 3D Interface?
nathansteinke
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by nathansteinke »

Do you mean, forexample, the health meter? I still see it in stereo3d, though 3d effect isn't that good. The Separation in the HUD is controlled by F5 and F6. But this doesn't have any effect on the rest of the display, best I can tell. This isn't how F5/F6 is supposed to affect the display, correct?

-Nate
Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Defender »

No the HUD is not controlled by F5 and F6, the convergence is controlled by those keys. As a side effect of increased convergence the HUD fades out of the screens. At a good convergence level you wont see any hud elements. In the actual nvidia drivers there is no way to change the HUD Screendepth.

I tried to change the hud position with some config file tweaking however the engine does not render elements which are of screen.

I'm sure the president knows about the problem. Maybe Iz3d knows a solution??

We saw a movie on stereovision.net recently where a company "hacked" halflife for there HMD and Weapon combi. The (fat:-) ) guy in the video played hl in s3d , he controlled the crosshair with the weapon and the view with the HMD. I'm sure they solved the HUD problem.

Furthermore there are reports on the Z800 at E3 2006. They showed HL2 with there visor. I'm sure they had a correct hud and good convergence.
Why don't we get it?

Btw:The same problem is with SIN Episode1.

If you switch to Dx7 or 8 Renderer instead of Dx9 the problem is gone, but this is not a solution.
Neil

HL2

Post by Neil »

Hi Defender,

I have to plead ignorance on this one. I haven't tested HL2 yet.

I'll put it on the list. If anyone has special tweaks, settings, hacks - anything that will get this game to work, please post.

Regards,
Neil
Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Defender »

The company i was talking about is:

http://www.metamersion.com/

maybe you can get them to join the mtbs3d.com

Regards,
Jerry
- My stereo rig -
- iZ3D 22'' - GTX 260 - i7 920 - 12GB Ram - Windows 7 64bit
Neil

Interesting!

Post by Neil »

You never know!

It looks kind of cool - though my wife would be ticked if I knocked my lamp over shooting zombies. :lol:

Regards,
Neil
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

I just started playing Halflife2 again now that I recently got rid of dial-up.
I'm not sure what you are talking about with the HUD. I'm not sure if you are talking about the weapons display, I haven't got any weapons yet but I have taken some pics of what I think is the best part of this game for us 3D folks. It is the part where they attempt to teleport you.

Image Image

Image Image

A few more
Image Image
Hugo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hugo »

With this settings, you won?t have HUD- or weapon-problems.

But for me it?s way to flat...

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”