A projecter that supports Nvdia glasses for hdmi 1.4a?

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
rowanunderwood
Cross Eyed!

A projecter that supports Nvdia glasses for hdmi 1.4a?

Post by rowanunderwood »

Apologies if this has been asked before, but it's difficult to search for.

I am in so much love with my HN274H ACER because it allows me to game in 3d on my PS3, via an HDMI connection, and still use my Nivdia 3d glasses. Also, I don't have to give up the blessed epic 1080p 120hz 3d that 3dvision offers because a dual-link DVI port is also available. However, I'd like to enjoy the same experience in my living room with my projector without rebuying my families entire supply of glasses. I know there are projectors (and adapters) out there that support 1.4a (I'm fine with 720p); however they all seem to require their own glasses. Is there anything out there like the HN274H, which will let me view hdmi 1.4a with the Nvidia glasses?

Thanks!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: A projecter that supports Nvdia glasses for hdmi 1.4a?

Post by cybereality »

I don't think so. HDMI 1.4a is meant for Nvidia 3DTV Play (or AMD HD3D), and that software generally relies on the display to provide the sync to the glasses. This usually means that you need to use the glasses that are designed for the display and NOT the Nvidia glasses. I think the HN274H is one of the only exceptions to this rule, since it has a built in Nvidia emitter.

Also, I was doing some research into projectors, and the Optoma GT750E sounds really good. However it will use DLP-Link glasses NOT Nvidia glasses.
rowanunderwood
Cross Eyed!

Re: A projecter that supports Nvdia glasses for hdmi 1.4a?

Post by rowanunderwood »

cybereality wrote:I don't think so. HDMI 1.4a is meant for Nvidia 3DTV Play (or AMD HD3D), and that software generally relies on the display to provide the sync to the glasses. This usually means that you need to use the glasses that are designed for the display and NOT the Nvidia glasses. I think the HN274H is one of the only exceptions to this rule, since it has a built in Nvidia emitter.

Also, I was doing some research into projectors, and the Optoma GT750E sounds really good. However it will use DLP-Link glasses NOT Nvidia glasses.
My current projector is the H5360 Acer, and I can vouch for DLP having EXCELLENT 3d. I see no ghosting whatsoever on the ACER with Nvidia's glasses. I also have the Mitsubishi-60" 1080p DLP WD-60735 and see no ghosting on that either. Although the HN274H is very good (full HD 1080p 3d has to be seen to be believed :woot ), I still see some ghosting with it :*(

The lack of a second HDMI port on the ACER H5360 really hurts though :( I've sunk to running my 360 through the VGA port, and the PS3 through component . . . Another bonus with it though is it does support 720p 120hz through the hdmi port, so those games that aren't 3d still see a performance boost. Super Meat Boy at 120hz is nuts.

Return to “3D Projectors”