THE HOBBIT, Production Video #4

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

THE HOBBIT, Production Video #4

Post by Fredz »

Fourth video diary for The Hobbit from Peter Jackson
You get more of a look at some of the aesthetics, the work put into creating a 3D movie, and a sneak peak at the actors themselves working. Thank you to everyone for being so great! I will always have these out to you as soon as they're available. And as you know, for disclaimer purposes, I own absolutely none of this. Just trying to share Peter Jackson's brilliance for the masses.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clSUILKxW3w[/youtube]
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: THE HOBBIT, Production Video #4

Post by Okta »

Thanks for vid. Those mirror camera's look huge. What i was wondering about the first time i heard they were shooting in 3d was how they would do the forced perspective they used in LOTR. You know when they use distance to make a human appear next to a dwarf or hobbit, wouldn't the 3d make that impossible?
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

I guess in the case of humans appearing next to hobbits they simply film both separately on a green screen using a different interaxial to account for the relative size of each, and then composite them digitally in the same 3D scene.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

In the previous production video blogs, where they showed the dwarves, they have two sets of actors, the normal ones and also small ones. I think they'll use the normal ones for most of the acting and close ups and use the small ones for group shots or fighting scenes where the size difference must appear on screen.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”