Game with two modes -> 2 very different S3D experience.

GameGrade3D is a new gamer driven database of the top games, their best settings, and the visual results you can expect using DDD, iZ3D, NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision, and native 3D solutions.

Have questions and ideas for GameGrade3D? Share them here!
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Game with two modes -> 2 very different S3D experience.

Post by Guig2000 »

what if a game have very different results depending on the mode the player use.

Example: Total War: Shogun 2.

In this game, the campaign map should get 0%-25% and grade D. But when playing battles, the game should get maybe 60%-80% and grade B.
Playing in solo means mainly use campaign mode, meaning mainly campaign map + some battles, resulting on a poor or limited S3D experience.
But playing in multi-players plus occasional solo battles will result on a good enough S3D experience.

I've to say that campaign and battles are two very different experience in term of gameplay.

Should we made two submissions for this kind of game?
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Game with two modes -> 2 very different S3D experience.

Post by Neil »

Good question. I think a game should be rated totally, and not divided into modes. I don't think anyone would want a half-baked product, so GG3D should rate accordingly.

However, in the comments attached to the game, I would encourage sharing the positive/negative experiences and conditions for those experiences even if the final rating works out differently.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “GameGrade3D Discussion”