iPhone Virtual Reality Viewer

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

iPhone Virtual Reality Viewer

Post by Synexious »

Hammacher Schlemmer is selling an iPhone Virtual Reality Viewer for $50USD. Looks to be an interesting novelty. If I had an iPhone, I'd buy one, for $50, maybe - depending on how much use I could get from the apps. I only have an iPad, though.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: iPhone Virtual Reality Viewer

Post by cybereality »

If I had an iPhone, I'd certainly get one to mess around with but I doubt its actually that cool.
Aeroflux
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Aeroflux »

Although I have an iPhone I wouldn't buy this...fifty dollars is a bit much for a pair of lenses, but the real drawback is constantly having to wipe the screen off. At some point you will need to touch the display to interact (beyond the gyroscope/accelerometer) with the app. Fingerprints will become the bane of this device.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

This iPhone Virtual Reality Viewer is basically the My3D from Hasbro, what a misleading name... It's available for only $19.99 on Target's website :
http://www.target.com/p/Hasbro-MY3D-3D- ... u=13456378" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”