Drivers for Duel projection 3d

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
jbbiz
One Eyed Hopeful

Drivers for Duel projection 3d

Post by jbbiz »

Hi I Am building a 3d projector system. The way I have it setup is with two projectors and Lineir polarizing filter setup so that the image from one projector goes to one eye and the other projector to the other eye. I have both projectors conected to two dvi outputs from my graphics card. I'm using an ati radio hd 5870 Gpu. The only thing is I'm having a little trouble with the drivers. I need some software which will send the image for the right eye out of one dvi output and the image for the left eye out of another dvi output. I tried using the iz3d drivers but I couldn't get that to work. Does anyone know of any software I could youse and if so how to use it? Thanks.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Drivers for Duel projection 3d

Post by cybereality »

Your best bet is to use the IZ3D drivers. Maybe you just have to mess with the settings a bit. Can you explain what didn't work? Maybe someone here can help.

You can also use the DDD TriDef Ignition driver, which does look great when it works but I find IZ3D to have higher compatibility.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Elaborate what you mean by sending one image to one projector and one to another. I can watch movies in one eye and browse internet on the other if i want as is now for that matter.
The iz3d-driver is for gaming only and "converts (simply said)" 2d to 3d. It only works with games and supports dual outputs.
If you're into movies then stereoscopic player will do more than fine. There are also free ones like s-view.
Most stereoscopic softwares needs two available displaydevices so one projector needs to be set as extend desktop in the displaydriver.
One exception is using eyefinity (ati) which horisontally spans the projectors and using side-by-side output from the software.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

The traditional dual-projector mode requires you to have only two displays connected to the pc (the two projectors), no 3rd auxiliary monitor connected (or you'll get detection issues).
You should have one of your projectors setup as the primary windows display and the other projector as a secondary display using windows extended desktop.
This is how all classic dual-projector modes work (old nvidia drivers, DDD drivers, iZ3D drivers, Stereoscopic player, Crysis 2, Avatar the game, etc...)
This technique has a drawback though : the left and right eye views aren't maintained in perfect sync unless you have a professional graphics card with the frame-lock feature.

I recommend using the Eyefinity method since you have a compatible AMD card. It will ensure the left and right eye views are perfectly synchronized even with your consumer graphcis card.
Go to the AMD catalyst control centre and setup your projectors so that they are spanning horizontally with the left eye projector on the left and right eye projector on the right. (you can set them at 24Hz for movies if your projectors support it, or at 60Hz for everything else), save your configuration as presets in the AMD control centre, so that you can switch quickly from one configuration to the other.

Then for movies if you movie is stored side by side, you can then just play it in almost any movie player. You'll just need to full-screen and stretch the picture across the entire screen (not respecting the aspect ratio) and the views should render properly. If your movie is in a different format, then you can use stereoscopic player, it can output side by side at full resolution to match the projectors configuration.
For games, the iZ3D driver has a special mode for such a setup but it's hidden in the config files because it's a highly beta feature (many games have issues with the scaling, with the mouse pointer not working properly, and so on)
http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=5214" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501

Return to “3D Projectors”