samsung series 9 (asymetric) 3d led MONITORS

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
PresidentKush
One Eyed Hopeful

samsung series 9 (asymetric) 3d led MONITORS

Post by PresidentKush »

Just wondering if anyone has got the scoop on these yet? were shown at CES i guess, back in january. I havn't seen them for sale anywhere either. I'm completely confused too, because all prior info I have seen about these said there would be a MONITOR ONLY version that has dual link dvi + display port, + (maybe HDMI), where as the tv/monitor combo ones would for sure have HDMI, but i think NO dl dvi or display port. Also i thought these were also supposed to be capable of full 1080p/60p/120hz 3D.

However i was just searching yahoo trying to figure out when these things would go for sale, and apparently now they are selling (not sure where) but only the tv/monitor combo ones with NO dual link dvi or displayport.....in which case i don't know how it could be considered a monitor at all. also i saw something that said you if you want 1080p 3d you have to cut back to 24p or some such BS...

So does anyone know what the deal is with these "monitors"?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: samsung series 9 (asymetric) 3d led MONITORS

Post by cybereality »

They are out, just check eBay. Search for "Samsung 3D Monitor".
PresidentKush
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PresidentKush »

yeah I have, but they are all from south korea... which means they are not officially out yet (not in the US anyway) Well actually I havn't been to a bestbuy or anything in a while, but they are not on the website. Also the ones on ebay (at least as of a couple days ago) are the Monitor/tv combo ones, and have no dual link dvi or display port. Not sure that really qualifies as a "monitor" in any sense of the word because not all GPU's (in fact a minority if i'm not mistaken) have HDMI out, but most all newer GPU's have dual link dvi or display port (if not both).

Also maybe even more curious to me is weather or not they will still have a MONITOR only version with dual link dvi and display port...also presumably cheaper than a monitor/tv combo unit.

anyways... this will be for a workstation build i hope to do in the near future. Will be running an Nvidia Quadro 4000 (or possibly 5000 if i could afford it)
NumberSix
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NumberSix »

They're generally available (both the monitor and TV/monitor types). Here is *a* well-known vendor's listing (neither advocacy nor disparagement of this vendor intended - this link is merely provided for reference):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... 3d+monitor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “3D Monitors”