Selling my custom Liquid Image MRG 2.2...

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
ido
Two Eyed Hopeful

Selling my custom Liquid Image MRG 2.2...

Post by ido »

Hey guys, I just moved into a new house and with two kids in daycare... money is tight.

Decided to go ahead and sell off my custom Liquid Image HMD. The LCD and lense was swapped out by PalmerTech. It's a 720p LCD in that monster now, and the FOV is still ungodly.

I have it up on eBay for anyone interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Liquid-Image-MRG2-2 ... 19c779aa63" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No reserve on it. Hope someone else can enjoy it like I have.

Sucks that I've had to sell ALL of my really good HMDs. I sold my first really good HMD to PalmerTech, actually... It was a Virtual Research V8. My collection is dwindling slowly. I'm still hoping that Sony comes out with a decent consumer HMD soon like was shown at CES.

Thanks again, guys.
powerjosl
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Selling my custom Liquid Image MRG 2.2...

Post by powerjosl »

any chance you could ship this to europe?
ido
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ido »

I will ship to europe if you win, not a problem. I actually didnt mean to exclude europe in my auction!
powerjosl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by powerjosl »

cool, I'll keep an eye on it. what connector is on the hmd? vga, hdmi or dvi?
ido
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ido »

VGA. Thanks.
alexlf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by alexlf »

I was just wondering how the optics are on it. Is it using the original lenses or did you upgrade them?

Thanks!
-Alex

EDIT:
The LCD and lense was swapped out by PalmerTech
I see you've already answered that :lol:
Will bid!

Thanks,
-Alex
ido
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ido »

Just a last-day bump for those interested in the HMD.

Auction ends in less than a day now. Thanks again. Hope whoever wins this enjoys it as much as I did.
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

Awh, sad to see you are selling it. I have had to sell some of my HMDs, too, money goes faster than I would like it; And I am not even married yet! Women will be the end of us, eh Ido? :lol:

Good luck with your sale! It is a great unit, nothing else out there like it.
ido
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ido »

PalmerTech wrote:Awh, sad to see you are selling it. I have had to sell some of my HMDs, too, money goes faster than I would like it; And I am not even married yet! Women will be the end of us, eh Ido? :lol:

Good luck with your sale! It is a great unit, nothing else out there like it.
Yeah, I hate myself for having to sell it. I do really appreciate the work you did for me. Hopefully we both will have new HMDs in the future to tinker with.

I originally bought this from Tone over at a different forum. Glad to see he's over here now as well.
alexlf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by alexlf »

Darn, outbid by 5 bucks... oh well, half my paycheck is as high as I go :lol:
Hey PalmerTech, you wouldn't happen to remember what parts you used to mod it, would you?

EDIT: I just so happened to stumble across your forum post about it. Guess I'll be making my own :D
If you have any tips though, or any more info on the build, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Alex
Last edited by alexlf on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
powerjosl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by powerjosl »

hehe, so I was the lucky one that got it. looking forward to putting my hands/eyes on it :)
Shamat
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shamat »

Good morning from Mexico City friends...

I placed some bids for this HMD too, but I wasnt lucky at this time :(

Congrats powerjosl, Im sure you will have fantastic moments with your amazing HMD... I hope to afford one soon too...

Still Waiting for Cinemizer Oled or vuzix 1200... :woot

Peace!!!
ido
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ido »

Hey powerjosl... I just got home from work, and boxed up the HMD. I will ship it out tomorrow first thing in the morning. I won't be able to give you tracking information until at least lunch, though, as I will be at work for the day. Hope you enjoy it. I know when I first got it, the MRG was THE hmd that I wanted most. After receiving it, and enjoying it, I knew it'd be even better with an upgraded LCD... Palmertech did the work on it, so I give him the credit for it. In fact, on the front of the unit has the names of those who have used it. I left that there in case you wanted it... but you can easily take some glue remover/marker remover and rub it off.

Hope you enjoy.
powerjosl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by powerjosl »

cool, looking forward to it. take your time with shipping and the tracking number. it's gonna take at least a week to get shipped over here to Germany. so one day more or less doesn't really matter.
I'm really looking forward to trying out this beast. Just gotta order a track IR for the proper head tracking. the MRG doesn't have one, right?
mAchiNE
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mAchiNE »

You could use one of these for headtracking:
http://www.hillcrestlabs-devstore.com/s ... h-1/Detail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Other people here have used it and its cheaper than track IR and you can turn all the way around. (track IR may be better if you are going to use it for Racing or Flight sim where you are always sitting facing one direction)
Current System:
Oculus Rift Dev Kit, 3x 23" Passive 3D Monitors in 3D Vision Surround, Novint Falcon, 3rd Space Gaming Vest, ButtKicker, Razer Hydra, Logitech G25.
Previous 3D Systems:
Viewsonic PJD6531w 3D DLP Projector, Vuzix VR920, 24" Alienware and 22" Samsung 3D Vision Monitors, eDimensional 3D Glasses with 19" CRT Monitor
powerjosl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by powerjosl »

I was planning on using it only for flight simulator and a bit of car racing. so the track ir is probably the way to go.
is there a big difference between the track ir 5 and 4?
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

So is this better than the HMZ-T1, or not? Double the FOV. But Cyber said it's uncomfortable. Palmer's third generation concept looks better.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well it was already sold, so I don't think it matters at this point. FOV was great, but I found it too uncomfortable to use (both physically and optically). It was also only 2D, so it can only be so cool...
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

The HMZ-T1 will be far better. The PR1 was about as good as you can get for upgrading an MRG 2.2 with the same style optics, but it is a mediocre way to make a HMD.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”