FSX stereo 3D, which settings?

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
venge
One Eyed Hopeful

FSX stereo 3D, which settings?

Post by venge »

Hello!

I'm back after having changed my cpu to a dual core!, well over my winxp-32 stereo games still work as before (no need to disable multi cpu from nhancer) and now I'm trying to get rid of quad-artifact for flight simulator X which is my favorite game ever; well after a bit of tuning with nhancer i've made the game look better with s-3d on, but i can't completely get rid of artifact... like i did with crysis, or oblivion (almost completely) and the TRL and TRA games, As always i'm on a 8800gtx with shutterglasses (see sign) BUT i've changed my FW version to 169.44, could changing driver help me???

thank you all!!!
Nvidia 8800GTX 173.68FW + 162.50 Stereo
Windows XP-32
Edimensional wired shutterglasses
SONY CPDE220 17"
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

What is that quad-artifact?
I spent most of the gaming time with fsx and fs2004 (sometimes I prefer high fps and full visual settings). The only problem I have is the light points, smoke, sun, stars and all that kind of effects rendered in 2D. Can be solved disabling vertex shading, but fs2004 changes the aspect ratio (?) and fsx crashes.
venge
One Eyed Hopeful

Solved quad artifact!

Post by venge »

hello and thanks for reply, quadratic artifact is a disturbing effect which comes out when you activate stereo 3d with the 8800 series graphics card in some games, well, i've removed it simply forcing Supersampling AA to 8xS from nhancer. Talking about lights problem.. is vertex shading the only way to remove it?? i'll try an hope it'll work! FSX is simply stunning when viewed in 3D!!!

EDIT: just tried forcing software vertex shader from nvidia stereo panel! nothing!!!! i can't make light duplicate so they're impossible to see correctly inside FS, one note, i've forced SW vertex shaders but my FSX hasn't crashed... did i do something wrong??? how can i make lights to duplicate???

thanks you all
Windows XP-32
SONY CPDE220 17"
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Try "Force HW TnL Off". I meant that with vertex shaders. The option is available by menu in fs2004 but not in fsx as far as I know, so must be done with that option of the "stereo compatibility settings" in the nvidia control panel. That makes fsx crash in my case, anyway.

We still can be grateful that stereo in FS works almost perfect and with good performance. I'd love to do night flying but at least it works. I can't make stereo work in x-plane 9 at all for example.
venge
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by venge »

hello and thank for reply,
well, I've also tried disabling hw tnl from nvidia control panel, and my fsx loads, it also loads the flight but it locks at 99% and i get 100%CPU usage!, but the weird thing is that after re-enabling it, FSX starts loads and it gives my 5fps, but with lights splitting the right way (and unfortunately far separation is the same as close separation = no 3D effect); after restarting the sim, everything goes back ok, i get 21fps, and correct stereo separation but NO lights separation....
I really don't know what to try...
Windows XP-32
SONY CPDE220 17"
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

I got used to that and now I ignore it. I think that's all we have. But, as I said, at least it works. Imagine that those pretty water effects would not work in stereo. It would be a real shame. The water effect in stereo sometimes fools my mind for a short moment and looks completly real. FSX is really a beauty on the visual aerea.

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”