Transformers: Dark of the Moon Review

Love it or Lump it - post your feedback to individual blog posts on mtbs3D.com
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Review

Post by PressBot »

By Neil Schneider

The first Transformers movie was a major hit, and rightfully so.  It managed to take Hasbro toys, mould a cheesy story around them that never took itself too seriously, and backed it up with unparalleled digital effects and choreography that just made the movie work.  Maybe the magic came from the patent-pending Cybertron All-Spark, or the mix of fun and tension attached to the film - I don't know, it just worked!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen followed up with supped up effects and countless more Autobots and Decepticons to fight amongst themselves in the sandbox we call Earth.  Unfortunately, it was a terrible story with annoying characters and dialogue.  The movie's tension was all but gone by the time the heroes made room for the next franchise release.  The movie made money for sure, but it wasn't nearly as memorable as the first.

This time around, Michael Bay has upped the ante.  Before shooting Transformers 3, he was very anti-3D and went so far as to call it a gimmick (correction: "maybe a gimmick").  Opinions aside, an artistic concern was that Michael Bay's fast cutting style wouldn't translate well to the 3D space.  So, not only is Transformers 3 a measure of Bay's ability to recover the series on a high note, it's also a proof of concept of whether or not 3D can be applied to quick-cut-editing styles like Bay's.
Read full article...
cybereality

Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Review

Post by cybereality »

Man. I really wanted to see this today. Guess I'll have to wait til next week.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Will the movie be cheaper next week, or will the theater just be less crowded?

I saw it yesterday afternoon, and I never saw such an empty theater. We had dead centre seats, and there were maybe 10 other people in the theater. It was a Canada Day long weekend, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Probably neither, but I will be free. Was out of town for the holiday weekend.
fildubek
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fildubek »

I saw the movie yesterday and now I'm convinced I live in a parallel world from everyone else where the all 3 transformers movies have great stories. That is the only explanation I can give after reading all the negative reviews. Though I have to agree what Neil said about Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, she was just annoying and I agree about the lenovo and cisco advertising but on the other hand in was nice to see a movie where not everyone uses apple computers. As for the 3d part it was in my opinion good but it could have been better, the was not a single scene where I said wow the 3d looks amazing.

Return to “MTBS Editorial User Remarks”