ASRock Vision 3D HTPC Review

Love it or Lump it - post your feedback to individual blog posts on mtbs3D.com
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

ASRock Vision 3D HTPC Review

Post by PressBot »

The Vision 3D series from ASRock aims to provide a premium stereoscopic 3D multimedia experience in a small form factor.  This HTPC line benefits from full 3D support from Nvidia, making it compatible with both Nvidia GeForce 3D Vision and their 3DTV Play software drivers.  This is best suited for customers who recently purchased 3D HDTVs and are looking for nearly instant compatibility with Blu-Ray 3D, stereoscopic 3D gaming, and general 3D multimedia support for photos and video.  Desktop PC users will have the same benefits when pairing the Vision 3D with an Nvidia compatible 120Hz 3D monitor.  Audio does not take a backseat, though, as this unit supports THX TruStudio Pro 7.1 channel surround sound.  However, when all is said and done, does this HTPC really have the chops to be the center of your home theater system?  Today we find out!

Read full article...
kuma3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: ASRock Vision 3D HTPC Review

Post by kuma3d »

Noise levels? For a HTPC, that is quite important. No need for dB levels and stuff (I am assuming you wouldn't have the equipment for that), but at least a few words about it.

I know it is quite hard to do that if it is an actual unit that you bought (you know, voiding your warranty and stuff) but pictures of the inside is usually quite nice in any review.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, I realized I should have mentioned that in the review. Well there's almost no noise. I mean, there is some sound (for example from the Blu-Ray spinning) but the computer itself is practically silent. Just the ambient noise levels in my New York City apartment are way higher than anything I could hear from the HTPC. Surely if I had some super sensitive microphone, then there would be some sound, sure. But its nothing I could notice. From what I understand, the whole unit is passively cooled. So there are no fans or moving parts (aside from the Blu-Ray player).
drowhunter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by drowhunter »

whats the price?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Prices differ depending on the model and the options provided. They should be around $800-1200.

Return to “MTBS Editorial User Remarks”